PDA

View Full Version : Charter Boats

Simplyeman
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me a fishing charter in the socal area that goes after rockfish, sheephead, lings? I dont want to go on an expensive charter either and i dont necessarily have to go after all those species but I would like to do something different besides getting cuda and bonita.

Thanks

Ricky-Ray
06-05-2008, 11:37 PM
If you want big rockfish, lings and sheepshead you might want to consider taking a trip out of Channel Islands/Ventura area. Most of those boats will fish Anacapa, SBI, Santa Rosa and maybe San Nic and those areas generally hold big red's, lings and sheepshead's. If your looking for an overnight I highly recommend the Mirage out of Port Hueneme.

Most of the LA/OC boats will target rockfish if nothing else is biting. Most of the boats further up north, rockfishing is their main bread and butter

Cangler
06-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Try Captain Hooks @ CIH .. they are a good outfit

Here is their fish count from yesterday

Aloha SpiritFull Day
81 Whitefish, 19 Vermilion Rockfish, 1 Sculpin, 61 Rockfish, 11 Calico BassIsland Spirit3/4 Day
163 Sculpin, 160 Rockfish, 1 Sheephead, 7 Calico Bass, 5 Barracuda

Simplyeman
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Try Captain Hooks @ CIH .. they are a good outfit

Here is their fish count from yesterday

Aloha SpiritFull Day
81 Whitefish, 19 Vermilion Rockfish, 1 Sculpin, 61 Rockfish, 11 Calico BassIsland Spirit3/4 Day
163 Sculpin, 160 Rockfish, 1 Sheephead, 7 Calico Bass, 5 Barracuda

that is pretty damn nice.....CIH?!?

Brian_GSC
06-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Ricky-Ray is right, if you want RF, lings and sheepies the Channel Islands is the place to go (in SoCal).

The Mirage is a great boat! Capt Joe kicks ***!

You may also want to consider the Pacific Dawn, although Capt Pat fishes down in San Diego during the summer and early fall.

Billy Bass
06-06-2008, 06:01 PM
You might also try the Sea biscuit out of cisco's. It's small, okay for 15 - 17 people, but Bobbie knows how to find the rockfish.
Open party it's a 3/4 day boat, he charters it for overnighters.

AKA
06-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Cap't Hooks in Oxnard, CA is the place you want to go for BIG rockfish, lingcods, and sheephead. I highly recommend the Aloha Spirit. Shawn is a great guy and his crew is very fun to be around. 06-06-2008 Full Day 23 Anglers- 2 Whitefish, 23 White Seabass, 8 Sculpin, 49 Rockfish, 11 Calico Bass. A limit on White Seabass. He grew up and worked out of Oxnard when he was a kid before going and working on the Excel. He is now back and just bought the boat and already upgraded the galley and bait tank.

http://www.alohaspiritsportfishing.net/index.php

give him a call.