PDA

View Full Version : Is this boat worth it?

baadfish69
06-05-2008, 01:33 PM
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/708356645.html

This guy wants $2000 or trade for a dirtbike. I so happen to have a 2000 KX 250 that Im looking to sell for the same price. However, Im wondering if the boat is worth the trade. I dont know what those type of boats go for, but I have been dying to get a fishing boat.

Thanks for any advice!

THROWBACK RANGER
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
if it has a trolling motor its worth it for sure

baadfish69
06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Im awaiting his email. I asked if it comes with a trolling motor or fish finder (out of curiosity).

rcman51
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Sounds like a deal to me bro, he's giving up 2 motors, trailer and a boat...If I didn't already have a boat I'd buy it.

GeordyBass
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
sure it's a good deal...those 4strokes(he said $1200) are pretty expensive and the boat was maybe $1200 new...+$400 for the 2 stroke and a couple
hundred bucks for the electronics and the trailer,,,another $500....if you dont need the bike...trade it...it's a good deal...

baadfish69
06-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Ok cool. Thanks for the info guys. Now Im just waiting for his reply and hopefully I can snag it up.

Baadfish69

fishfinder
06-05-2008, 11:19 PM
the boat might be worth it but is this boat going to suit your needs? that is a small boat and i wouldn't like to be on rough water with it. especially on weekends in the resevoirs out here. i would rather sell the bike for 1500 and get a 14' alum. v-boat. but my guess is you want a 4 stroke for DVL, so that has to be tempting.
Go to inland boats in perris and put a down payment on something like this
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/022.jpg

baadfish69
06-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Well....

I got the boat. I traded my dirtbike for it. It is a 1991 Bass Tracker, and after checking it out, there is not ONE ding in the boat. It looks to be in great shape. He started both the 4 stroke and the 2 stroke motors, and they started on first pull, and both are fairly new. The 2 stroke is a 2.5 HP Mercury, and the 4 Stroke is a 4 HP Mercury. It has 2 swivel seats that fold down, and on each inner side of the boat there are pole racks. It also has a night light, and not to mention, the trailer which is in good condition. Considering that all I ever do I float tube or shore fish, I am very excited to see how this will bring a new dimension to my fishing. Not to mention that it may even entice more people to come fish with me! I'll post better pics of it sometime this weekend and hopefully get some more opinions on the boat, but from what you all have posted already, I think I got a good deal....

Tight Lines FNN!!

Baadfish69

JSAUCE818
06-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Well....

I got the boat. I traded my dirtbike for it. It is a 1991 Bass Tracker, and after checking it out, there is not ONE ding in the boat. It looks to be in great shape. He started both the 4 stroke and the 2 stroke motors, and they started on first pull, and both are fairly new. The 2 stroke is a 2.5 HP Mercury, and the 4 Stroke is a 4 HP Mercury. It has 2 swivel seats that fold down, and on each inner side of the boat there are pole racks. It also has a night light, and not to mention, the trailer which is in good condition. Considering that all I ever do I float tube or shore fish, I am very excited to see how this will bring a new dimension to my fishing. Not to mention that it may even entice more people to come fish with me! I'll post better pics of it sometime this weekend and hopefully get some more opinions on the boat, but from what you all have posted already, I think I got a good deal....

Tight Lines FNN!!

Baadfish69
dude, congrats that looks like a clean nice boat....i just got mine as well...im just doing some minor stuff to it....

fishfinder
06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
way to go............see ya on the lake..congrats

slief
06-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I had a Tracker that was about the same year.. It was a great boat! The add has been removed so I am not sure if you got the V hull version or the crappie version but either way, you should have a nice fishing machine.. You may want to keep your eyes open for a bigger engine.. Mine had a 40HP motor which was sufficient. Not sure how the boat will do with the smaller engines though.. Might be kind of slow for getting from point a to b unless you are trolling.

IN2DEEP
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I saw this too late to see the boat but congrats on the new toy.

FYI: If you take it to DVL or Skinner you're going to have to remove the 2 stroke motor to be allowed on the water.

Scott

baadfish69
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I guess the guy removed the ad after we made the deal. To answer your posts...the boat is a flat bottom. Its a 12 footer. Considering how small it is, I dont see how the 4 HP Merc wont be sufficient, being that I dont really care about speed in getting from spot to spot. Im used to tubing so this boat will be lightning fast compared to that. All I was hoping for is something different from tubing, and this boat should allow me to troll for trout, and if I ever decide to get more into bass fishing, I think it will help there too. So yeah......I couldnt imagine a 40 HP motor on this lil boat! Hahah...

As for the 2 stroke....Yeah I dont really even plan on ever having it with me. I plan on just using the 4 stroke for every need. I may even just sell the 2 stroke. Nevertheless....thanks again for all the input.

My only issue at this point is getting the trailers wiring right. I went to Uhaul and bought a kit that hooks up to my Silverados wiring, and then when I hooked it up to the trailer...everything worked except that when I hit the brakes....the running lights on the trailer lit up instead of the brake lights. I am NOT electrically skilled, so I am sure it will take me a few days to figure out what I need to do, but after that I should be good to hit the lakes!!

Sparky70
06-10-2008, 04:16 PM
U got a good deal, next you'll want a bigger boat, then a bigger boat........I started out with a 14ft. race boat, since then I have had 7 more boats of all sizes...finally settled on a 21ft. Larson fish/ski boat.

SP70

steve092
06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Awesome man!

Have fun in it!

IN2DEEP
06-10-2008, 11:14 PM
My only issue at this point is getting the trailers wiring right. I went to Uhaul and bought a kit that hooks up to my Silverados wiring, and then when I hooked it up to the trailer...everything worked except that when I hit the brakes....the running lights on the trailer lit up instead of the brake lights. I am NOT electrically skilled, so I am sure it will take me a few days to figure out what I need to do, but after that I should be good to hit the lakes!!
Be sure to hook the wires up following the standard wiring codes and be sure to have a good ground wire to the trailer frame.
Let me know if you need the wiring color code

Scott