PDA

View Full Version : North Lake and Rock Creek area

SD Brooky
06-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I will be heading up next week, fishing Sabrina and South, then heading up to the Rock Creek area. Any word on the road to North Lake? Is it open? Also, any ideas on fishing the lakes behind Rock Creek Lake? Plan on hiking behind the lake to see what's there.

SD Brooky

madhatter
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I fished the lakes up to Long Lake hiking last Summer. I got a bunch of brookies, all caught and released, of course. Not much in terms of size, but I hear there are also some nice rainbows and browns.

sierraslam
06-06-2008, 07:25 AM
There is still a lot of snow on the ground in Little Lakes valley but you should find open water by next week. good luck! Hey Madhatter, you must be a Skynyrd fan! good fishin!

Sierra_Smitty
06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
The road to North Lake is open.

Badfish2
06-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I will be heading up next week, fishing Sabrina and South, then heading up to the Rock Creek area. Any word on the road to North Lake? Is it open? Also, any ideas on fishing the lakes behind Rock Creek Lake? Plan on hiking behind the lake to see what's there.

SD Brooky

It's called the mesquito flats trail... go to www.rockcreeklake.com and you'll find a virtual tour there.