PDA

View Full Version : The slay is on

joe man
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
We spent the last 4 days at Wishon Village RV resort and as always the site and staff were great. The big difference this year over the last few was that the bite was WFO. There were no records broken for the largest trout but the quanities were good enough to keep 9 people busy for as long as they wanted to fish. Four of the fishermen were 9 years old or youngere and even they caught limits. It was a great week just watching my two kids have such a blast. The best bait used was a Peestick Spoon that was given as a promo; I will be buying more because mine ended up finding a new home. A few of the group also managed to take a hike to the Kings River for a nice day pulling in Browns although the bite there was not as good as in the lakes. I hope to post pics soon.

Captain Castaic
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Anytime you put kids on fish is a great time indeed...well done pops!

C.C.

KaliDawgFan
06-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Man, I love Wishon. Good to hear the fish were biting. Last time I was out there they weren't.

joe man
06-22-2008, 09:35 AM
I promised pictures when I posted this a couple of weeks ago so here are a few. We had a group of twelve people but only 4 adults and four kids took part in the fishing. Everyone caught plenty and we kept 14 fish on the first trip for a late dinner at camp. We released everything after we had enough for a meal unless it was a bleeder.

troutslayer05
08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Cool pics and good job on takin the kids fishin I bet there hooked now..

Troutman65
08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
:Cool: that the trout were biting for you and the children. That always helps. Thanks for the post.

Badfish2
08-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Looks like a great place to fish, western sierras has some nice spots.

C&R Bassin
08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Future fisherman/women for sure.....good job on fostering the next generations addiction!!!