PDA

View Full Version : June/Mammoth Loops- 5/27-6/1/08

Crab
06-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Took the family out on our annual vacation.Stayed at Silver lake campground.Creek fished really well there in campground, also in towards Grant lake.Silver seemed really slow for us.Fished the swim beach at June for nada.(You could see schools of trout out there they just weren't eating what we had to offer)Didn't fish Gull, should have wet a line there. :(
Fished George over in Mammoth, was hot on flies and the usual stuff for stockers.
Spent 3 days fishing Mary which was on fire.Fished 2lb floro leaders with PB-rainbow or Chunky cheese.Swear if we didn't get bit within 30 seconds I'd reel it in and cast backout.
Instant hook up.This worked for me caus' I had 3 small kids with me(3,4,and 8) wanting to catch fish and play in the snow.The bite was so hot I could only keep one pole in the water.
(Although I made sure both my littleones caught fish on their Barbie and Cars fishing poles. :)
Nothing of size, mostly holdover stockers from late last season.Saw a guy next to me pull in two nice 3lb alpers.I kept going back hoping for the elusuve Alpers but it wasn't meant to be.
We caught a ton of smaller fish, had a great time,the weather was perfect.Was a good time for the kids.
Get up there and wet a line---its going off..
Ron

Trout-Slayer77
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
thanks for the report, glad to hear you got on some fish !! good job getting the kids out fishing too !

pescado abajo
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the successful trip!
That's good to hear as I'll be taking my family up to Mammoth for our first ever camping trip later this month.
Can't wait...

TIGHT LINES

pa

troutdog
06-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Nice job Crab, sounds like a blast! Where are all the pics? Thanks for the report.

TD