PDA

View Full Version : Yellowtail Fishing Video

SOSO
06-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Came across this great Video by Dan Hernandez. Yellowtail fishing. Thought i share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve86Wt1hukE&NR=1

sansou
06-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Interesting video. I have a hard time taking Dan Hernandez serious about anything fishing related. For instance, in this video he was hawking Ugly Stik Tiger rods & a Pflueger reel, for fishing Cedros.

That Dang Guy
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
He has to satisify his sponsers, but it cracks me up when anyone talks about Cajun Red line.

vanillagurilla
06-04-2008, 09:49 AM
goes to show you dont need an avet or shimano and a calstar to catch fish.

Ricky-Ray
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Gimme a hook, a coke can and line and I'll get it in. Oh an a pair of gloves too if I'm gonna catch a cedros yellow.

LOL

SOSO
06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Interesting video. I have a hard time taking Dan Hernandez serious about anything fishing related. For instance, in this video he was hawking Ugly Stik Tiger rods & a Pflueger reel, for fishing Cedros.

Haven't fished Cedros yet. Hopefully sales picks up and get a chance this year. What would be the ideal equipment fishing at that location? How big do the Yellow's get there?

Rod?
Reel?
line?
Lure?
Technique?

Ricky-Ray
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
A 40# setup with flourocarbon is mainly used at Cedros for the yellowtail. You need to turn them fast otherwise they will get into the rocks and cut you off. You can use 50 but they can be line shy. Flyline a live sardine for the surface during the daytime.

At night either a heavy yo-yo rig or dropper loop rig will work. Most guys usually use 60-80 setup for either of these.

4g63power
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
that's true..he needs to satisfy his sponsors.some of his products are suspect though..such as white seabass squid in jars.but i do enjoy watching his shows. he seems very humble and has done a lot for the kids and others..well at least i know he's not some douchebag like ronnie kovach ..haha

lizzay
06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Came across this great Video by Dan Hernandez. Yellowtail fishing. Thought i share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve86Wt1hukE&NR=1

Oh how I miss those days... Thanks for the video!

tenderloin
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM
"goes to show you dont need an avet or shimano and a calstar to catch fish".

Absolutely true. While no one doubts the quality of the boutique brands and quality fishing experience Avets, Calstar and the like can help provide, not everyone can afford or wants to spend $300-500 on a new rod and reel combo. The brands fished by Hernandez will fish very well and will last for many years.....at a fraction of the price. I am not putting them in the same class as the top brands, but they do fish A-OK and serve a rather large market...Plus they help put his show on the air as well as help him with his charitable events. Seems like a good deal all the way around

BTW I have fished Cedros and San Benitos many times and have done well on VERY light tackle.

ghetto dad
06-06-2008, 11:51 PM
He has to satisify his sponsers, but it cracks me up when anyone talks about Cajun Red line.

Osiito is gonna be mad when he sees this comment...lol!!! Thats his favorite line

GD