PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Salt Creek 6-1

dorado13
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Hit up Salt Creek Sunday started fishing around 8:00 am would had been there earlier if my partner would have not got intoxicated the night before had to go wake him up! Stared throwing a LC but to much salad so switch to a krock work a dozen spots but no love from the butts. So switch over to sand crabs (lots of micro crab beds) first cast bam hand size BP. my partner had been fishing a gulp sand worm bloody for a hour with no love he immediately went to sand crabs and it was on. My camos dried up and half the size they still stink but are stiff think they still work? Final tally about 25 BP all small hand size. Seen lots of beans but no love a guy with a fly rod was getting them with a sand crab fly. Think about getting a fly rod need some advice please. There about 10 guys fishing asked all if they were on the board all said no. Saw a kid that had been snorkeling with a spear gun asked if he seen any butts he said no but pull a stringer of fish out of his back pack 16” Sheepshead and some Opaleye I think he had about 8 fish now I need a spear gun just kidding. We headed home around 1:30 it was a nice day lots of eye candy got to do it again this week end. Hope to see some one from the board next time.

Wingnut
06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Sounds like you had a full day, nice job & thanks for the report.
Once the Gulp starts to dry dump it & get a new bag.
If there are a lot of salad in the water, go to a 3-4 inch swimbait. ;)

Bassripper2000
06-03-2008, 08:04 AM
I have a fly rod and reel for sale. Never been used. Wanted to take up fly fishing, bought the stuff and changed my mind.

It's a Reddington Crosswater 5WT and Orvis Clearwater III reel

PM if interested.