PDA

View Full Version : 5/19 twilight New Del Mar

rusty6
05-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Took the twilight boat out of marina del ray last night. water temps still a bit cool for a wide open bass bite but we got an ok pick on em. about 30 people on the boat and i'd guesstimate about 45-50 bass and about 50 sculpin and a handful of rockfish along with a fatty cabezon and a ton of bat rays. i ended up with 1 barely legal sand bass and 2 sculpin. foul hooked about 15 perch...all of them in the throat ironically...teach them to steal my bait. glow in the dark jigheads seemed to be the way to go. caught a lot of short sculpin and the sandy with the glow in the dark head, seemed that the only people on the boat with a decent sack were using the glow in the dark jig heads. i lost both of mine with about 2 hours left on the trip and only got 1 4 inch sculpin in the last two hours. looks to be promising as the water temps pick up. definitely will be back out on more twilights on either the new del mar or the spitfire.

ghetto dad
05-20-2007, 04:59 PM
good report man!! thanks.......

JapanRon
05-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi rusty6,

Thanks for info on a very important and timely area of the moo-moo scene. Appreciate the tip on the glow heads.

Lots of guys are using the yellow-glow sliding egg sinkers too!

await your next trip!

JapanRon

Hitts0n
05-21-2007, 02:11 PM
8)

BakoBassin
05-21-2007, 02:18 PM
foul hooked about 15 perch...all of them in the throat ironically 8)