PDA

View Full Version : My setup, and i need help!

britheguy
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Hello guys and gals.

This is the setup i am going to get, but if you see anything wrong with the tube or the fish finder please tell me so i am not unpleasantly surprised.

I would get the fishcat but Amex doesn't sell it on their rewards points.

Humminbird PiranhaMax 210 Portable Fish Finder
and
Trout Unlimited Kennebec Pontoon Style Float Tube

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Nessie Hunter
06-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Lookin great Brian...

Im not a big fan of Trout Unlimited, but that is a personal thing...

Im sure you will kick some fish buns in your new rig...

Good job....

Just stay out of the Mall after 10 PM...

sonarbp
06-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I have to agree with Nessie on this one!!!! My first tube was a Trout Unlimited Togiak and it was great for the first 10 or so trips.....then I began to have problems with the seams of the skin comming apart. The tube itself is a good beginer tube but the workmanship is typical stuff you see out of China.

My advice would be to check the seams before and after every trip out. If you see any of the stiching start to fail call or email Trout Unlimited, they warranty thier proucts for 1 year and will send you a new tube.

sonarbp

britheguy
06-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks Guys! I would have gotten a Pontoon but i didn't have enough points :/ . I hope to catch some monsters in it while robert sits in his tube not knowing what to do!

Nessie i will totally be home by 10, haha.

Santa Fe Eric
06-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I had the Pirrhanamax portable and Humminbird really stands behind their product. I used mine frequently in the Bay. One day the battery compartment coroded and I sent it in and they replaced the whole housing/battery compartment thingie for free.

Good Luck B!