PDA

View Full Version : cudas strikes twice

labboss2003
06-01-2008, 04:38 PM
went out of newport early hit the end of the jetty about 3 am headed south to a few spots for some bass caught 6. two larger models.did catch a hudge crab didnt know what kind it was or if it was in season so let it go , so maybe someone can id it? fished there till the party boats where getting there bait off the the bait boat sitting just off our bow watched them all heading strait out, so pulled the hook and went on out to the parking lot. started trolling trolled for about 5 mins 2 rods 2 fish barries where jumping around all over the place when the shut off trolled around some more ended up with 12 by about 9:30.was kinda sleepy so went down to the bunk and slept for a couple of hours while my son and nephew tried to get some more cudas,i guess they didnt try too hard when i woke up one was sleeping on the bow the other was almost out ,looked around and the fleet was gone . so decied we had enough fish so cleaned them cleaned the boat put everything away and headed in went about 2 mile and here we go again came across birds and cudas flying out of the water no boats around had one rod tied up bam fish on insted of trolling just did the run and run with the iron it took the fleet about and hour to find us then the parking lot filled up again for the longest time it was just us and the nautlist from newport i would find them then he would follw me then the danna pride became my tail was a lot of fun watching the boys catching and trying to gaff them good practice for when the albacore show up.all in all ended up with 27 cudas 6 bass a and lot of fun ...........bob

k3vin_kim
06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
good show bob. Cool of you to take the boys out for a day.

oh yeah. not too shabby.

rockbass
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice job on the 'cuda's - looks like a boatload!!!!!

Your crab is a spider crab:

http://www.assateague.com/spidercr.html

Captain Boracho
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM
some nice logs u got there, your crab could also be a sheep crab which isnt very tasty IMHO.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/fishnscubaguy/crab.jpg

JapanRon
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi labboss2003,

Thanks for a very nice report and play-action.

JapanRon

steve092
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Nice slay of cudas!