PDA

View Full Version : 5/31 NPH wedge jetty

doyoufishmuch
06-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Had another fun day at the wedge again on sat. No real big fish but a nice little variety, and just a fun day. Alot of people out there but still plenty of room all around. First sculpin I got was barely halfway thru with a crab when he grabbed my shrimp. Picture is kinda fuzzy, but you can see he was well on his way.:LOL: Moved down a bit and got a few few little baby spotted bass. The guy pictured was probably the biggest of em. As I kept moving down, this little baby ?seal? lept following me around. He would come onto the rocks and kinda bark at me as if he wanted to be fed. He followed me everytime i moved down about 10 feet and would just sit there. Snapped a quick pic, and ran off to the other side. Got a little cabezon before movin my way down towards the tip. Talked with a guy I see out there often as he was leaving and he said the tip was wide open for nice size barracuda all morning. But the sun was starting to set as I got out there and all they were getting was mackerel. After the sun went down I caught another little cabezon. I really love the color of those things. The last two fish I got were ones I couldn't identify, but they were still beautiful in my eyes. It was a fun way to wrap up another nice day out there. Who knows, mabey i'l cya out there tomorrow........

Andrew

makersmark
06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Nice mix you got there, sounds like a fun day. I think I might head down there tomorrow morning to try for some barracuda, thanks for the tip brother!

chris
06-01-2008, 07:45 AM
nice pictures

mikeyoung
06-01-2008, 08:13 AM
sounds like a good day and a nice variety of fish. nph is starting to get hot. im going to have to pay them a little visit. thanks for the report.

tight lines.

bsp
06-01-2008, 09:44 AM
That spotted bay bass is actually a calico bass, the first unidentified fish is a China/black croaker, and the last one is a tree fish. Congratulations on such a great variety of fish and good job on landing them from the jetty! That is something I have a lot of problems with...

ikeman
06-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice mixed bag of fish. Its always fun to catch a selection. Good job!

Jared
06-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Nice catch, hopefully they will be bigger next time and thanks for the report.

4g63power
06-01-2008, 11:10 PM
way to go on a nice variety! i need to get out there again soon..thanks for the report.

Homeslice
06-01-2008, 11:40 PM
That's a damn cute sea lion pup. I hope it found its mother. Great catch.

SanDimasLMB
06-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Nice fish, especially the Treefish.

BTW, thats a Kelp (Calico) Bass ;)

legacy1
06-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Great pics...thanks. I am way too lazy to climb those rocks!

doyoufishmuch
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you all for your comments! I appreciate the feedback AND the corrections. Looks like i've been mixing up the calico's and spotties for a while....haha.....live and learn.:Shocked: :Embarrassed: But thats why I come here, so thanks everyone!

Wingnut
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Very nice variety of fish, looks like fun. :cool: :D

pineapple express
06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Thank you all for your comments! I appreciate the feedback AND the corrections. Looks like i've been mixing up the calico's and spotties for a while....haha.....live and learn.:Shocked: :Embarrassed: But thats why I come here, so thanks everyone!

hey doyoufishmuch
i was out there too... i didnt have much luck. just stayed for 2 hours or so...
i was casting a crocodile & used some plastics. i had 4 kids with me so i was occupied
trying to help the lil ones... was there from 4-6pm. right when i got there this huge
set of waves hit the rocks & soaked me. the kids where laughing at me...
classic moment. just had fun out in the sunshine. you probably saw me out there,
the big wet moke on da rocks..hahahaha...!!! next time i'll holla at you.
peace
PE

steve092
06-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Nice haul!

Good job on the Cabezons.

rocklee
06-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I love the jetties because you never know what your gonna catch!
Nice varieties of fish!

thanks for the report and all the pics!