PDA

View Full Version : Coroloma 5/31

hakaveli
05-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Got up at 4:15 to head up to ventura to ride the coroloma. Got there around 5:20 .
When i got there met with some guys i met before in that boat. Got on the boat at 5:45 and was on our way at 6am.

Heading out the captain chris tells all the safety stuff. Would be a 2 hour ride to the santa cruz island.

It was rough on the way to the island but as soon as we go there it was flat calm .
First stop I hooked a few dinky rockfish lol. Capt didnt like the quality so we moved again. The 2nd stop it was wide open for the most part for my i guess. I was catching something at every cast. I was fishing opposite side of the drift so no one was fishing next too me. Some Asian guys kept wondering what i was doing cuz they werent catching anything. After a while a few of them went to fish next to me. I was still catching and there weren't. I decided to fish the bow myself since they where crowdiing me. and they followed me again . This was the pattern the whole day lol pretty annoying .

We moved from spot to spot. doing the same thing. I changed to something unique with a plastic lure on my 2 hook gangon rig. As soon as i did that i brought up maybe a 5lb red. Which ended to be the jackpOt.

Towards the end of the day we went in to look for bass and cudas inshore. Nothing was caught but as we where running schools of cudas would show but none would bite.

called it a day at 3

I ended with
35 +rockfish.
5 sculpin
1 sheephead.

one_leg
05-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Fricking Hak......WHERE ARE THE PICS? :Twisted:

But seriously, Congrats to you Mike!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry I missed out on this trip. I caught a nice trout though.
They fight harder than a rockfish, but not as hard as a Yellowtail.

Why didn't you show the Buddhaheads how to catch the RF Holmes?
I bet they were idolizing you!!!

O_L

EricU
05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Mike,

Sounds like a damn nice haul.

...those Asians, I tell ya, ha!

PM sent.

JSAUCE818
05-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Which ended to be the jackpet.

whos pet got jacked??....lol