PDA

View Full Version : Local fishing on the Monte Carlo

mikeyoung
05-31-2008, 10:25 AM
I woke up this morning with the I rather go fishing than work feeling but remembered that I had a few important things to take care of at work so off i went to work. I got to work at 7:00Am and @ around 10:00 I noticed that My store manager was wearing jeans and a t-shirt so i asked what was going on and he said "did you forget that today is the company's fishing trip?" I had totally forgotten about the whole thing so I asked him if i had time to go home and pick up my stuff, he said yes so off i went. We got to 22nd street landing at around 12:30 and we were in fishing grounds at around 2:00pm. We started off by using a red led head and a whole live squid. The first three stops produced nothing but two small nibbles. the fourth stop was our final stop and that is where the bite almost went WFO. we fished the final spot for our last 45 minutes. the bite was so open that the captain decided to give us and extra 45 minutes of fishing since we had a slow slow start. i thought that was pretty cool. i ended up with 8 calico and 9 sandbass all in the 15in-20in size.most of my co-workers had never fished in their lives so i let a few of them reel in some fish. i didn't want their first experience to be a bad one. no pictures due to the fact that since i was in a hurry a got my camera but didnt get my batteries. sorry:(.

tight line to all.

vince champion
05-31-2008, 01:16 PM
good thing you went to work instead of heading straight to fish. Imagine you did that and your company went to the same charter boat as you. LOL sounded like you had a blast on the last hour, and how the captain stayed an extra hour just for you guys. GJ.

boxl0bster
05-31-2008, 11:38 PM
nice! ive always had good experiences with the capt/crew of the monte carlo. glad they stayed out a lil longer to make up for the slow start.