PDA

View Full Version : Running away from home - Mon to Fri

Line Dog
05-31-2008, 10:15 AM
First...a thanks again to the guys that have given me their tips on tackle and places via email responses..This site and people are the best !!!

This is a first post so go gentle people...I plan to contribute pics and stories as they unfold in the future.

I am running away from home on Monday and hope to try Intake II for the first time on the way toward Convict and Mammoth and June. I have all the bait, jigs and gear to fill my camper. Any tips on how to work Intake II for the first timer?

I plan to hit Convict and work the usual jetty, beach and inlet. Haven't decided to take my boat or rent...any other ideas?

Additional thanks to Fear No Trout....you site is awsome and I'll stop by Manzanar on the way. My family was interned and still active in the 100th reunions.

I'll check this again before I leave on Mon afternoon from SoCal. Any additional tips would be appreciated...

Line Dog

greg
05-31-2008, 02:26 PM
If you plan to shore fish at Convict with inflated crawlers, try using the garlic butter spread that you put on the rolls before baking. For some reason, this is killer at Convict but does not seem to work at other lakes...

fish'n fool
06-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I've fished Intake many times but have never really had a great day there. It is up and down there for me. I would have to say that the primo spots are the areas closest to the dam. The area in front of the SCE intake structure has been good. The spillway, usually closest to the dam. It is the deepest part of the lake. Also, the area where the discharge pipe is. I usually use orange and brown Power Worms and Trout Teasers (rainbow trout and perch colored). I see a lot of anglers at the inlet but haven't tried there, yet. The streams are the place to fish, I think but be prepared to walk a lot if you do try them. Good luck. If you have time, North Lake and South Lake are good options.