PDA

View Full Version : My first legal butts, San Fran Bay 5/25

newbefisher
05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry, for the late report. I haven't wrote a report for awhile, because I haven't fished for awhile. :Evil: Anyway, I headed up to my cousin's house in Woodland for Memorial weekend. Sunday morning, we took a 3/4 boat out of Berkley (or at least by Berkley, I don't know the area very well) to get some butts. Cousin was out a few days earlier on the same boat and caught a 20+lb one and had his limit by 9am, so he was hoping for more of the same action. When we got to our first spot it was littered with other boats. We would drift down the line and then move back to the start. Very windy conditions with periods of sun and clouds. I ended the day with 2 legals, my cousin had 2 catches, 1 legal. His son had 1 legal, and my other cousin caught a sand shark. Very slow day on the boat. The jackpot went to a 20lb legal. I'll post some pics when I find my camera. I know it's here, just not sure where. I also found out that the bay's average depth was 14' (according to the captain). Is that true? Maybe that was just for the section we were at. We didn't go near the Golden Gate Bridge. He said it was over 300' under the bridge.

troutdog
05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Nice job and congrats on your first legal...always wanted to take a boat outta that area. Thanks for posting....now go find that camera and throw those pics up!;)

TD

Troutman65
06-18-2008, 11:47 PM
:cool: Thanks for the report.

TM65

tacklejunkie
06-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Used to live up in that area (Berkley Oakland and Alameda)
sounds like you launched out of the Berkley Marina by the big park on University.
Good going on the butts! I wanna try fishing the bay right off Alameda rocks on the north side of the island next time I go. I used to see tons of people fishing right there but that was back when i didn't fish.

I love it up there! :o

pescado abajo
06-19-2008, 11:15 PM
congrats on your catch. my roomate in college was from woodland. he took me out there 1 weekend, but i don't remember hearing too much about fishing out there (just remember not feeling too welcomed at a couple of bars that we hit up:mad:)

fatherof5
08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the report. I have friends in Woodland, and a daughter in SF. I'll talk her into fishing the next time I'm up there now.

Granny Fish
08-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Congrats on your first legal. Even without pictures, I can tell you you that your butt is bigger than mine. :Embarrassed: Thanks for the late report.... waiting for the pictures. Welcome back! :Wink:

jonnyfishon
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
legal halibuts aint **** in cali, theryr better in puget sound and so are the white strippers!! @ shogirlrsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!