PDA

View Full Version : Metallic Sardine 110 FM still in stock

SOSO
05-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Fishing25 in Los Angeles still has some in stock. I was there today to pick up my batch. I met people from 100 miles away picking up theirs. Crazy how well this lure works on surf Halibuts.
Anyone use them fishing inshore fishing? I have the metallic in 130 size, ready for Yellowtail and Tuna fishing.

fishon714
05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Anyone use them fishing inshore fishing? I have the metallic in 130 size, ready for Yellowtail and Tuna fishing.

I don't think the 130 size is strong enough to pull in a strong yellowtail or big tuna. It will most likely bend the hook and you will lose the fish. You may have to upgrade the hooks to bigger and stronger hooks.

fishon714

SOSO
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't think the 130 size is strong enough to pull in a strong yellowtail or big tuna. It will most likely bend the hook and you will lose the fish. You may have to upgrade the hooks to bigger and stronger hooks.

fishon714

The Yellowtail in my avatar was approx. 25 lbs. Caught it on a 130 size. Pulled him on 15 lbs. mono. With carefull use of the drag, no biggie. But don't know about a 40 lb class yellowtail. I will find out this summer.