PDA

View Full Version : July 4th best places to fish in N. CA?

konjimonj
05-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm a complete newbie to this website and have been fishing a few times... oh some 20 odd years ago. :) I live in southern CA and my boyfriend lives in northern CA. His bday happens to fall on July 4th, and I'd like to surprise him with a nice day of fishing (on July 4th) anywhere between Oakland and Napa. Needless to say, I don't know much about fishing nor do I know where to look or what to look for as I plan this day of fun. Does anybody have any good ideas or resources they can point me toward? I'd go for anything from renting a nice boat for the 2 of us (which might be stressful because I'd then have to look into gear, etc), to salmon fishing aboard a boatful of fishing addicts/experts. I realize his bday falls on a major holiday so if anybody knows of special independence day fishing trip type of thingamajigs, I would appreciate your input. Also, if anybody knows of fishing areas that are quaint or romantic, that would be great too... but not a must.

Thanks SO much everybody for your help in advance!
Grace :)

Ronira
05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
konjimonj whats happening, I also live in so cal but I grew up in no cal and my heart remains there. I've been living down here for about 14 years and still don't feel comfortable but thats another story. I realize that this doesn't fall into the geographic area you are thinking about but if you want to give the BF a super day GO TO LAKE TAHOE. There are lots of opportunitys for all of the types of things you mentioned and more. Plus as you have your cool day on the lake you will see stunt planes over the lake all day. There are classic boats all over the beaches and the place is too much fun . Lots of good fishing away from the main beach areas and a ton of quality guided fishing opportunitys. Afterwards the lake is lit up with fireworks after sunset. Not to mention you will be in one of the most gorgious places on the planet. What I have told you so far does not do the experience justice, it's magical. If you do a little research you will be floored by what is available and the weather at that time of year is priceless. Good Luck on whatever you decide and your BF is a lucky guy. Peace Ron

hawgbuster
06-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Try Clear Lake? I've never been there myself but I've heard it's beautiful.

Hopefully some of the other people can attest to that fact and give you more info about this place.

Here's a link you can check out for 4th of July activities up there. Plus its not too far from where you will be.

http://www.lakecounty.com/happen/july07.html

Have fun!

Wingnut
06-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome & good luck wherever you go! :wink: I don't live up there so I can't give you any suggestions.

troutdog
07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Clear Lake can provide some great fishing....Lake Amador is nice too from what I understand.

http://www.lakeamador.com/

TD