PDA

View Full Version : 5/25/08 Native Sun - Strong Finish

k3vin_kim
05-26-2008, 09:18 AM
it all started a month ago when my company chartered the old#7 for an overnight to catalina. We were all revved up and ready to fish. Then two days ago we load up on the boat only to find out the boat's generator crapped out and so the 6 of us were sent home. (I think we're going to re-schedule for later in the summer).

Needless to say I was really disappointed. While I was at the dock at pierpoint I saw my homeboys Ymin72, LA Smoker and Sammy on the neighboring boat the Toronado. I wished them good luck. The Toronado scored limits the day before on WSB, bringing home 23~!

The plan was to fish Sunday and meet up at my pad after so we could BBQ up our catches and get hammered. Me on the old#7 - Mike,Bob,Sam on the Toro - and Joe on the Native Sun. So since my boat canceled, I call up Joe and tell him I'll meet him in the morning for the Native.

6 in the morning at LBSF, we weren't sure we could go out b'cuz there weren't enuff people. We just barely made capacity and 14 anglers loaded up on the huge boat: Native Sun.

AWESOME - NON STOP - CONSISTENT bites of every fish imaginable in local waters ALL DAY. Captain Jason Rico in the wheel house put us on the hot spots in and around the shoe. David, Kim and Kevin on the Deck always helpful w/the newbs and the regs alike... Come to think of it... i didn't even take a singe fish off that I hooked up - one of the three deckhands were always there to help. Sue in the galley - makes an awesome burger and hashbrowns (according to Joe).

Anyways, the weather was scratchy in the morning but that didn't stop the fish from biting all day. Bendo action, double and triple hookups were normal. There was always one of the deckhands throwing the chumline - attracting Cuda's and bass... Which in turn attracted the damn dogs. I pulled up a cuda head around noon.

Dogs are just apart of fishing as we all know. As long as it wasn't a YT, I say whatevers... Let the dog have the damn scooter. HOWEVER - Captain Jason lost a nice WSB to a sealion. That sucked. Legal one too. After Jason's line made the "BINK~!..." sound, we saw the dog emerge w/a grey/silver/rainbow colored fish in it's mouth.

Joe and I both just slayed all day long. Nothing more to it than that. In fact the whole boat got limits on the Sand Bass. My count was Limits Sand Bass - a Couple Calico - 1 and a half Scooter(s) - Limits Sculpin and 1 short Halibut. Joe scored around the same. His scooter came second place in JP. But he withheld using finbait until the very last stop. Proud of you boy~!

Other species that came up and over the rail...
WSB
Sand Bass
Calico Bass
Cabezons
Sheep head
halibuts
Sculpins
Mac
Pelican
Barracuda
and on and on and on...

It's been a while since I fished the Native Sun but I sure plan to visit with them again in the near future. They spent alot of time and money renovating the vessel and it definately shows.

NATIVE SUN: gets the official "k3vin_kim" stamp of approval.

After the carnage, we all met up at my house. Unfortunately for the Toronado boys, they should have been there yesterday. Turns out that Sammy ended up landing a 10-12 pound Halibut and traded it with a 27 pound WSB. ANyways, he distributed the WSB amongst the 6 of us at my pad. We all ate and drank and had a great time. I think... I passed out at around 11pm. Mina didn't have to cook anything this time around cuz Joe hooked up the grub this time.

Peace.

KK.

boxl0bster
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
wow sounds like a greart day on the water. thanks for hte report. :)

jplee3
05-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Good variety of fish there man. WTG on the slay!

THROWBACK RANGER
05-26-2008, 10:59 AM
great report man!! jason and his crew do a great job on that boat? if only people knew thats not the same boat it was a few years ago! o well thats another thread. i'll be fishing that boat some time this week if the CUDA wanna snap again! hope to see you down there. THROWBACK RANGER

Gmoney
05-26-2008, 11:11 AM
KK and FJ -
great job out there!!
glad y'all hooked up and had a great time.
No doubt that Captain Jason and the NS crew work their butts off to make the trips A+
cool pix

Hit me up next time you are bustin out on the NS....I'm game!!

thanks for the report and pix
laters
G$

chris
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
what a nice and empty holiday weekend on the boat

4g63power
05-26-2008, 11:43 AM
damn you crazy oppas..is fishing all you guys do???come down foo let's tear it up again..haha jk way to go guys..will see you guys soon

Funjunkie74
05-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, as k3vin has reported, YES IT WAS A GREAT DAY ON THE WATER!!
And then it was a GREAT NIGHT AT "THE PAD"!!! LOL!!

Kevin may have lost one slime stick to the dogs, but I (foolishly) lost two of my best jigs to...bad casting/birds nests!! I was getting sloppy and snapped off one Tady 9 (my bonito killer) and one Megabait (my barrie killer)...GRRRRR. Oh well, it just means I have to make a stop over at Young's Tackle to restock.

Maybe k3vin needs to learn how to wind in faster!!
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080525/P5250001.jpg

Yeah, I had decided not to use any fin-bait the whole day. Just plastics and metals. It was a good day. It was just a slow and steady pace at the fish all day. On the last stop though...YEAH!!! BABY!!! The bass just went WFO and at any giving moment everyone was hooked up!! I decided to join the bandwagon and used bait. Reverse dropper loop, 3 oz torpedo and #1 hook. I couldn't stay down more than 3 secs (which I actually counted out loud) then tap tap, BAM!!! I limited on bass in about 3 minutes!!

That night at "THE PAD", I laughed my arse off so much that I just woke up to sore ab muscles!! LOL!! (ouch..can't even laugh now). Bob is insane and we are definitely enablers!!

After kevin checked out drinking his so-called "Long Beach Iced Teas" - more like a jacked up cough medicine with 4 kinds of alcohol and a dash of juice, Bob broke out the karaoke mic/machine!! So, there's me, Mrs. k3vin_kim, Mrs. k3vin_kim's sister, and Mrs. k3vin_kim's best friend and BOB, sitting on the patio singing karaoke. I'm amazed that no cops came, no bums came to check things out and the neighbors didn't yell at us!!
I'm debating about putting Bob's performance up...I'll take a petition...

If 100 people post here that they'd like to see Bob's karaoke performance, I'll post it.
WHO WANTS TO SEE IT?!?!

FJ74

Funjunkie74
05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
damn you crazy oppas..is fishing all you guys do???

That is the dumbest question I have ever heard....especially from you Jimmy!!! LOL!!

FJ74

k3vin_kim
05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd like to see bob's performance.

k3vin_kim
05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
"Long Beach Iced Teas" - more like a jacked up cough medicine with 4 kinds of alcohol and a dash of juice...

FJ74

2 PARTS VODKA
1 PART GIN
1 PART RUM
1 PART TEQUILA
SPLASH OF CRANBERRY JUICE
SPLASH OF LEMON

BUT SINCE WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY TRIPLE SEC... WHOOOOO BOY WAS THAT A DOOZEY.

LA Smoker
05-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I'd like to see bob's performance.

You just want to beef up your FNN stats

Bucket bay
05-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Nice work boys.

calico killer kevin
05-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Nice fish and oh yeah I wanna see bob singing.

Funjunkie74
05-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I count 2 people who want to see Bob's performance on the mic!

*p.s. Bob, I'm not trying to boost the counts...we luckily have people who will read this post either way...I'm trying to get more reader participation!! LOL!! Your performance of Ricky Martin was classic!!!

FJ74

JapanRon
05-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi k3vin_kim,

WTG on the Native Sun !! Love the big boat and all that room, a tad noisy, only I don't care for the round stern !! Makes me feel 60 years old !! ha ha only half-kidding !!

Jason is another one of the young turks that show great promise in becoming a fixture on the SoCal circut !! Great to see young talent coming up through the ranks !!

All the more reason to hit the Native Sun !!

thanks for the GREAT report !!

JapanRon

Ricky-Ray
05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Sweet report and pics. Way to go on such a wide variety.

steve092
05-27-2008, 05:12 AM
Good job!

Nice variety of fish, too.

deanhall32
05-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Kev,

Your reports are informative and interesting but the pictures of you totally wasted are absolutely the best!! LMFAO!!!!!

b20monster
05-27-2008, 09:26 AM
hey kev...
you didnt miss out on much going out to catalina. there were hundreds of boats there.... looks like more fish was caught and more fun had locally. man, that afterparty looks insane.

cappo
05-27-2008, 09:28 AM
looks like fun times, glad you guys made it out

gallogg
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Tornado Hali

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/intimidators77/Tornado003.jpg

Sammy

one_leg
05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
K3vin, I wanna see the video too. Just make sure to set the volume to zero please. :p

Nice job on the report too. I'll finish reading it later when I have more time.

THNX
O_L

P.S. thumbnails are so last week Bro.:p

JapanRon
05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Funjunki74,

Great to see you making the commitment to fish one type of bait .... no matter what the ait .... builds character !! ha ha ha

Ya .... at the end of the day ..... if one is a cooked-fish eater, it's time to put some fish-taco material in the bag !!

thanks for the add-on !!

JapanRon

k3vin_kim
05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
dude Sammy, that things WAY more than 10 pounds.

You told me at my house that you caught a small hal about 10-12 pounds. No wonder WSB guy was willing to trade you.

Liteliner
05-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Awesome day on a the water. Congrats. Cant beat 14 people on a giant boat with wide open fishing.

sansou
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
The NBU strikes again! Congrats! You guys do it in style: soju, gochujang, & karaoke.

chuck'n deuce's
05-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Im glad you and joe made it out,thanks for the report, ill see you guys this summer. peace!

JWRAPS310
JASON RICO

gallogg
05-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Kevin,

I'll still take WSB over Halibut any day.

Sammy

christainmetalhead909
05-29-2008, 09:28 AM
nice fish kev. man i wanna go so bad on sat. ill let you know if i can go for sure tomorrow.

k3vin_kim
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
LOL Brad. Dude your such a douche - where the hell you been mang?

You're NBU for life.