PDA

View Full Version : Finally...My 1st BassBoat *sniff*sniff...

JSAUCE818
05-24-2008, 11:52 PM
So i been looking into getting a toon,..then yet i wanted an aluminum and then eventually work my way up to a Bass Boat...I ended up saying "screw it" and got my 1st bass boat thanks to BING JR for introducing to the nice gentleman who sold me the boat (nathan).. its a 16footer, 1981 GlassMate, comes with livewell and bait tank, Rod Holder Compartments, 50HP MERCURY OB runs perfect and fires up on the 1st turn (bought it from a boat mechanic that owns his own shop) and it also came with the "ROAD RUNNER" trailer........it just needs carpet and it is set to go and other lil minor things, nothing that can prevent it from running.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG_6641-1.jpg\
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00443.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG_6643.jpg
i also want to get that extension that raises the front and rear seat so that you can sit up high, i have sooo many plans with this boat, i just got to take it one step at a time...Cant wait to take it out to the water....OH, and i gotta find a name for it :0).....

reaktion4
05-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Congrats on your first boat!! Looks great already!! Boats are alot of work, but worth every minute..

JSAUCE818
05-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Congrats on your first boat!! Looks great already!! Boats are alot of work, but worth every minute..

thanks!....i keep hearing that they are alot of work and i better get ready to spend some $$$$$$.....but like you say, " im sure its gonna be worth every minute"...
Im a new boater so, i gotta pick some brains here.

troutdog
05-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Congrats on the boat Jesse, may you land many DD bass on it!

Names....hmmmm.....SuicideSauce? ;)

Sooooo when we going fishing? Good seeing you and your better half this evening!

TD

Tail Chaser
05-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Congratulations on your first boat.
Boats are a lot of work. More time then money :rolleyes:
So its better to buy a boat that suites your purpose.
Then the time and money is more well worth it :cool:

Sparky70
05-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Enjoy your 1st boat Bud, they R fun to play with.......I'm on my 7th boat and still enjoy em...........:D :D :D

cappo
05-25-2008, 09:08 AM
cool lookin boat man, congrats on your 1st boat

SoCalGuy7
05-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Cool boat, great for what you need it for.....

It reminds me of my EX's grandfather's boat. I married his oldest granddaughter in my early 20's. He went with a fishing club to Lake Mead
every year...

It was all adult guys, that went there for great fishing,camping,eating for a whole week. You paid $300 and all the food, soda,gas, beer you could drink were included. He took me five times (all his other "grandsons" were too young)

No kids to watch, no women to complain or whine....It was awesome....!

His was called the Phantom....Just thought I'd share....

Good Luck

SCG7

JSAUCE818
05-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Trout Dog,
thanks brotha, it was coo chiiling with you again on another UFC fight night...we definately gonna do a catfish trip...

TailChaser,
Thanks, yeah its gonna take some time, i think im gonna stop investing in fishing gear and put it on the boat instead, so i guess i prolly take a small break from fishing.

Sparky70,
"7th" boat???....wow....

Cappo,
thanks bra, get ready for some LMB sessions

SoCalGuy7,
thanks for the story, sounds like fun...i only been camping once in my life to PERRIS Lake...and it was horrible,..lol...ghetto campsite on dirt and roaches crawling all over the place...lol

Ronira
05-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Sweet boat JSAUCE, your styling now dawg. Go catch a ton.

GeordyBass
05-25-2008, 11:54 AM
i here yah!I finished one project and now im painting my whaler...

Nice boat jsauce818!you just need the carpet and a trolley motor!

-boatmaster818,,,

Brian_GSC
05-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Congrats dude!

You know what the definition of boat is?
Answer: It is an empty hole in the water that you throw money into!

Welcome to the boat owners world! :Envious:

James343
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Congrats. Now the fun begins adding all the extras. Dont let the tube get dusty though plenty of bass need slaying at the lagoon.

kpn
05-25-2008, 06:46 PM
NICE first boat Jessie! So when are we going fishing on your new toy?
Congrats Bud.

KPN.

Koshaw
05-25-2008, 08:28 PM
So whatcha gonna name it?

=)

Whisky
05-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Nice, man! She looks solid, and it's hard to go wrong with a Mercury. Pretty soon you'll be buying rod holders and trolling motors and fishfinders and all that crap, but she looks like she'll catch fish right now!

Welcome to the world of boat ownership. I hope you enjoy washing, haha, because you'll spend a fair bit of time at it. Hope to see you up at Pyramid and Castaic!

JSAUCE818
05-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Congrats dude!

You know what the definition of boat is?
Answer: It is an empty hole in the water that you throw money into!

Welcome to the boat owners world! :Envious:

HEHE,...THANKS BRO, I GUESS ILL BE WORKING SOME OVERTIME AT WORK NOW :0/

Congrats. Now the fun begins adding all the extras. Dont let the tube get dusty though plenty of bass need slaying at the lagoon.
NAH MAN, WITH GAS PRICES THESE DAYS, IM STILL GONNA BE USING THE TUBE....I NEED TO GET A TROLLING MOTOR SO THAT I CAN ALSO TAKE IT TO THE LAGOON AND POACH BUTCH BROWNS SPOTS.... JK...LOL....

NICE first boat Jessie! So when are we going fishing on your new toy?
Congrats Bud.

KPN.
THATS FOR SURE KHAN, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT...WE DEFINATELY GONNA HOOK UP...

So whatcha gonna name it?

=)
NOT TO SURE YET BRO, I'M HOPING YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME COME UP WITH A NAME :0) LOL

Nice, man! She looks solid, and it's hard to go wrong with a Mercury. Pretty soon you'll be buying rod holders and trolling motors and fishfinders and all that crap, but she looks like she'll catch fish right now!

Welcome to the world of boat ownership. I hope you enjoy washing, haha, because you'll spend a fair bit of time at it. Hope to see you up at Pyramid and Castaic!
THANKS ALOT, ONCE I START TAKING IT OUT TO THE WATER, I DEFINATELY GOTTA MAINTAIN IT. AND FOR SURE YOU WILL BE SEEING ME AT CASTAIC AND PYRAMID :0)

SINCE EVERYBODY ON HERE IS PRETTY MUCH FAMILIAR WITH BOATS, IM GONNA ASK YA'LL EXPERIENCED BOATERS A QUESTION??......WILL IT DAMAGE THE OUTBOARD IF I JUST TAKE IT AROUND THE BAY???(SALT) I WOULDNT MIND TAKING IT OUT ALSO TO THE SALT AROUND THE BAY FOR SOME SPOTTIES,SANDIES, AND HALI'S....

THIS WEEK I GOTTA GO REGISTER THE TRAILER AND START LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY AROUND MY AREA TO PUT CARPET IN IT. SHOULDNT BE EXPENSIVE RIGHT??

steve092
05-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Congrats man!

Good luck out there!

Socal Bassman
05-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Congrats on your first boat man. Looks great!

Santa Fe Eric
05-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Congats on your first B.O.A.T.
Many happy memories to come!

SFE

Whisky
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
The motor shouldn't be a problem in the salt, but you have to clean the hell out of EVERYTHING with freshwater as soon as you are done. You'll need to flush the motor to clean out all the saltwater, and then scrub the boat carefully. Saltwater is exceptionally corrosive, so clean it well!

Z-TUNAKILLER
05-27-2008, 10:59 AM
SWEET.... NICE BOAT Jess....:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Congratulations and Good Luck with your new boat..........

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

one_leg
05-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Jesse, why don't you call it "Got Chapstick?" or perhaps "Got Kneepads?"

I think "JESSICA" would be nice.

Welcome to the wonderful world of having to decide when, and where, and what to fish for!!!

See you on the water Bro.

O_L

James343
05-27-2008, 11:38 AM
THIS WEEK I GOTTA GO REGISTER THE TRAILER AND START LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY AROUND MY AREA TO PUT CARPET IN IT. SHOULDNT BE EXPENSIVE RIGHT??

Let me know when you find someone to carpet it. I'm thinking of having mine done as well.

grimpy
05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
congrats... now you can take me bass'n!

breeze71
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Congrats! Nice boat Jsauce.

I hope you have a few extra grand saved :Neutral:

Does this mean Hittson and Jsauce will hit the next moonlight event???

JSAUCE818
05-27-2008, 05:14 PM
The motor shouldn't be a problem in the salt, but you have to clean the hell out of EVERYTHING with freshwater as soon as you are done. You'll need to flush the motor to clean out all the saltwater, and then scrub the boat carefully. Saltwater is exceptionally corrosive, so clean it well!

cool deal, thanks for the info

SWEET.... NICE BOAT Jess....:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Congratulations and Good Luck with your new boat..........

ToonZilla

FISH ON !
Norm! now i can tow you around the upper man! lets do this bro...

Jesse, why don't you call it "Got Chapstick?" or perhaps "Got Kneepads?"

I think "JESSICA" would be nice.

Welcome to the wonderful world of having to decide when, and where, and what to fish for!!!

See you on the water Bro.

O_L

OneLeg,..
chap stick or knee pads??....lol...your killing me bro,...lmao....i agree "jessica" would be nice,..BUT.....thats my ex's name, to many bad memories,....lol....plus i think wifey will spray paint right over that name....but thanks though!...

Let me know when you find someone to carpet it. I'm thinking of having mine done as well.
Will sure do, ill keep you posted!,..

congrats... now you can take me bass'n!
dude, thanks alot on all your help you definately gotta drive up here so we can chase some green monsters.

Congrats! Nice boat Jsauce.

I hope you have a few extra grand saved :Neutral:

Does this mean Hittson and Jsauce will hit the next moonlight event???

those are my plans, i want to take the boat out to them moonlight fishing events, and hitts can come along as long as he leaves the 40oz. and beach chair @ home.....lol

Tail Chaser
05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
There's a product called Salt Away. Totally neutralizes salt. Flush your motor with that. Put some in a squirt bottle too. Spray it on everything.

Instead of paying the labor for new carpet.
Might consider painting the interior yourself with a good poly marine deck paint. You can get some stuff to mix in the paint making it nonslip also. Epoxy primer will waterproof anything you put it on.

Pulling the carpet out yourself you can look for any water damage or anything you may want to make stronger or waterproof also.

nismotech91
05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Nice boat dude!

Wingnut
05-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Nice ride Jesse! When are you gonna let me board that vessel? I might bring some of Poseidon's luck with me. ;) :D

Congrats buddy. :cool:

Koshaw
05-28-2008, 07:07 AM
How about "Got Fish?"

=^^=

Just dont go for names like The Titanic, Bismark, Edmond Fitzgerald etc.

BTW Congrats! It looks like a sweet ship...

So when do we have a Ship warming party?

Hitts0n
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Congrats on your boat! Thats a nice lil hook up there! Stripers better beware now ! Name the boat " SAUCEY!" OR SUcIO !

Granny Fish
05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Congrats on the boat Jessie! :cool:

synenergy52
05-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey bro nice boat. Ballin. Hmm you not gonna tow that with your b16 are you? ;) LOL. hmm you need to take me out for a ride.. LOWER LAKE ONLY. Scared. haha.

Shock
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Nice boat JSauce!!

Call it FISHSAUCE!!! FISHSAUCER!!

JSAUCE818
05-29-2008, 07:15 AM
There's a product called Salt Away. Totally neutralizes salt. Flush your motor with that. Put some in a squirt bottle too. Spray it on everything.

Instead of paying the labor for new carpet.
Might consider painting the interior yourself with a good poly marine deck paint. You can get some stuff to mix in the paint making it nonslip also. Epoxy primer will waterproof anything you put it on.

Pulling the carpet out yourself you can look for any water damage or anything you may want to make stronger or waterproof also.
TailChaser, you are the man,...thanks for all these helpful tips,...I need to know as much as I can. I gotta do my homework.

Nice boat dude!
Thanks bra!

Nice ride Jesse! When are you gonna let me board that vessel? I might bring some of Poseidon's luck with me. ;) :D

Congrats buddy. :cool:
Arthur, when you come on my boat, Poisedon Luck doesn't have a choice, its coming with you regardless! I don't think that you can control it!...lol....

How about "Got Fish?"

=^^=

Just dont go for names like The Titanic, Bismark, Edmond Fitzgerald etc.

BTW Congrats! It looks like a sweet ship...

So when do we have a Ship warming party?
Ship warming party?....man, I want to enjoy the boat, not sink it....lol...but I most definately will be taking people out.

Congrats on your boat! Thats a nice lil hook up there! Stripers better beware now ! Name the boat " SAUCEY!" OR SUcIO !

...hehe....yeah can't wait to go after them stripes! And I aint talking about the ones down my back (skunk)

Congrats on the boat Jessie! :cool:
Thanks Granny, see you @ the vine :0)

Hey bro nice boat. Ballin. Hmm you not gonna tow that with your b16 are you? ;) LOL. hmm you need to take me out for a ride.. LOWER LAKE ONLY. Scared. haha.
Dude,....That's to much stress for a lil B16 to pull....lol...the car would end up in the lake as I'm .backing up the trailer.....lol..

Nice boat JSauce!!

Call it FISHSAUCE!!! FISHSAUCER!!
Thanks! Hey you know what!?....I like
"FISH SAUCE"....hmm....

one_leg
05-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Kill Kill Kill Slay Slay Slay

Z-TUNAKILLER
05-29-2008, 08:32 AM
OH, and i gotta find a name for it = HER ! :0).....

PEZ de ASESINO

PESCA LOCA

PESQUE a ASESINO

PESQUE BORRACHO

" J's HOT SAUCE "

" BIG'UNS "

" I'LL BE BASS "

:ROFL:

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

Z-TUNAKILLER
05-29-2008, 09:03 AM
PLEASE NOTE: My Spanish is horrible, so I used free translation...com:LOL: ToonZilla

FISH ON !

imd12nv
05-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I love the classic bass boats just like restoring a classic car. i am almost done restoring a classic terry bass boat and every one is right its quite an ordeal to take on a project boat but the end result is worth it not to mention it beats making payments. i went all out and gutted the whole boat. Heres a couple pics let me know if you have any questions ill try to help u out. i did all the work myself including new carpet all new wood all new wiring, all new trailer lights new livewell (not in pics), new seat vinyl
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/imd12nv/b16a2002.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/imd12nv/b16a2003.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/imd12nv/kkk007.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/imd12nv/kkk008.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/imd12nv/kkk009.jpg

XFACTOR
05-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Back in the early 70's my father had a 16' aluminum that he named "BASS TURD". Thought it was pretty cool but really - nobody names a bassboat.

radray
05-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Congrats on your boat! I think you got it just in time since Grimpy is selling his boat. Good luck with it and see you on the lake.

Raymond

JSAUCE818
05-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Back in the early 70's my father had a 16' aluminum that he named "BASS TURD". Thought it was pretty cool but really - nobody names a bassboat.
BASS-TURD?....lol...that's a good one....
Yeah true, nobody really names a bassboat,..I'm just excited that this is my 1st boat, that's all....I would have never thought that someone like me would own a boat....its no skeeter, or nitro, or champion boat...but it something descent to start off with...

RADRAY:
Where you been at brotha?....havnt heard of you in a while....To bad nobody has bought Grimpy's boat,...its a nice fishing machine!...see you on the water sometime..

Tail Chaser
05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Need to have room for the lettering also.
The outboard blocks the stern.

People on the east coast put there boat names on the side of the boat. Probably because they mostly run outboards.
Personally, I think that looks overkill.

reelhigh
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Nice boat man. Let me know when you take her out. My boat's been in the garage for a couple of months, she needs to get out, been sticking to my tube lately.

BingJr
05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I am voting for "Pupusa" as the name.

I would still go with the Original style Carpeting for the bottom and the Textured bedliner or marine paint for the tops like we talked about.

My 2nd vote for your boat is "DD" that way peoples imagination can run wild.

I know we gots a ways to go with this gem, some supports, some carpet, some paint, some wiring, some mounting. But your patientce will be paid back 10 fold.

Congratz Buddy.

Koshaw
05-31-2008, 07:52 PM
How about Fat Bass Turd =)

paDDy
06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Way to go!! Congrats on the boat, now its time to break her in with some lmb action and some striper blood!!

fishfinder
06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
So i been looking into getting a toon,..then yet i wanted an aluminum and then eventually work my way up to a Bass Boat...I ended up saying "screw it" and got my 1st bass boat thanks to BING JR for introducing to the nice gentleman who sold me the boat (nathan).. its a 16footer, 1981 GlassMate, comes with livewell and bait tank, Rod Holder Compartments, 50HP MERCURY OB runs perfect and fires up on the 1st turn (bought it from a boat mechanic that owns his own shop) and it also came with the "ROAD RUNNER" trailer........it just needs carpet and it is set to go and other lil minor things, nothing that can prevent it from running.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG_6641-1.jpg\
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00443.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG_6643.jpg
i also want to get that extension that raises the front and rear seat so that you can sit up high, i have sooo many plans with this boat, i just got to take it one step at a time...Cant wait to take it out to the water....OH, and i gotta find a name for it :0).....

B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

grimpy
06-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Jessie

Sold my boat yesterday... When you taking me fishing! :)

JSAUCE818
06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

Its all good,...,...everything else is gets expensive these days including fishing gear, entrance fee's, etc... it all adds up, but at the end,......"its all worth it" ;0)
See ya on the water.

BingJr
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I hear Pupusa is the top contender for th boat name. I talked to your lady and she said it looks like that name is gonna win. Im sooooooooo excited!

JSAUCE818
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I hear Pupusa is the top contender for th boat name. I talked to your lady and she said it looks like that name is gonna win. Im sooooooooo excited!

hehe....i like that name,... BUT im mexican, naming it the "PUPUSA" will cause my own people (mexicans) to dis-own me,...lol...theres always been a grudge between Mexicans and Salvadorians....lol

but the good news is that i finally picked up the boat yesterday from the shop and she is is @ home now with her new owner(me) and friend thats gonna be towing her around. (truck)
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00455.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00459.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00458.jpg
and by the way, my bro and i messed with the wiring and we got the livewell and bait tank up and going fine :0)

nismotech91
06-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Did you name it yet? How about suavecito? Now thats a bad *** name!

Beeracuda211
06-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Congratulations dude.. A boat owner's happiest day is when he first buys a boat and the day he sells his boat... Me and Farmy Marshall are ready to put you on some greenbacks... if you need help let me know...

B/C

JSAUCE818
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Congratulations dude.. A boat owner's happiest day is when he first buys a boat and the day he sells his boat... Me and Farmy Marshall are ready to put you on some greenbacks... if you need help let me know...

B/C
For sure beerboy, we definately gotta get some GreenBacks, you guys gotta school me on boating....and Farmy Marshall needs to learn how to reply to textes and missed phone calls....lol.....its all good though.....

one_leg
06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Whatever you name it, spill blood everywhere on the darned thing, OK?

TRDEXPERT
06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Name it El Mojado

TRDEXPERT
06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey Bro... Just make sure you change the "T-Stat" on that Chevy.. you dont want it to over heat on the road..

JSAUCE818
06-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Bro... Just make sure you change the "T-Stat" on that Chevy.. you dont want it to over heat on the road..
yeah fo sure, thanks for the info man...thats the last thing i'd want....

JSAUCE818
06-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Name it El Mojado
ahh dude...i like that....lmao...im just asking to get deported....lol...

TRDEXPERT
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
name the boat "pasa el perico"

GeordyBass
06-18-2008, 10:08 PM
"la J Salsa 818"

one_leg
06-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe you should call her Deep Ender, because you'll prolly need some Depends when you start catching those huge stripers and LMB in the water at the other end of the pool?

And the drag goes, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread....I WANNA SEE SOME STRIPER BLOOD ON THE DECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DEMAND SATISFACTION !

JSAUCE818
07-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread....I WANNA SEE SOME STRIPER BLOOD ON THE DECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DEMAND SATISFACTION !

hey gary, im still waiting on the bet...lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
hey gary, im still waiting on the bet...lol

What bet is that ??? I forget....BUT...I'm sure it ON !

bring it on...woo hoo..."we got a taker !"