PDA

View Full Version : fishing the wedge

rgrafg
05-23-2008, 09:16 PM
im fairly new to the sport and was trying to find good local spots to fish. i live in costa mesa and usually fish at either the newport pier or balboa. i was wondering if there were any regulations on fishing the wedge and if so what they were. and good local spots for surf fishing.

vanillagurilla
05-23-2008, 09:30 PM
just need a licence. try looking for public docks in the bay.

OnDaHunt4Fish
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM
right before you get to the wedge there are two pub doc that you can fish ..

doyoufishmuch
05-25-2008, 11:46 AM
You need a licence to fish the public docks inside the harbor but not the jetty. Just bring some frozen bait and some plastics for the bass, sculpin, cabezon. I've been out there the past 3 days, and the very tip of the west jetty has been going off with mackerel and cuda with people using krocs. Good luck!

Troutman65
05-25-2008, 04:56 PM
If you fish the Wedge Jetty make sure there is not a high surf warning in effect. People have been swept out to sea and drown because of not having common sence to stay off the jettys when there is high surf.

I lost a fishing rod and reel fishing the Harbor side of the jetty years ago. :LOL: I had set my rod down and something bit and the fishing rod went flying in the water in an blink of an eye.

Troutman65

megafisher94
05-26-2008, 07:45 PM
was goin to fish there on friday but stayed off because of the surf so i cant help ya.