Dalizzy07
05-23-2008, 10:59 AM
has anyone ever fished this lake? its 99 North by Kingsburg

aboos
05-23-2008, 11:35 AM
not since last september...

Pete Marino
05-23-2008, 12:18 PM
My mom used to live in a town called Tollhouse about 20 miles into the country from Millerton.
I used to fish it a decent amount but I have to tell you...ITS COOKING out there in the summer. The water was usually down in the summer as well. Drive a little further in and up the mountain and you can fish Shaver Lake. Also there are alot of cool farm ponds along the way in the low lands..

Pete:cool:

Dalizzy07
05-23-2008, 05:04 PM
thanks for the info actually the weather is pretty weird out here in the valley it actually rained highs around 70's so it might be a great time to go

Pete Marino
05-23-2008, 06:10 PM
While you are there head over to the trout Hatchery in the town of Friant.
Its pretty cool to see all the different stages of a trouts life. From basically fry to adults sized stockers...they have it all..

Pete:cool:

bretmoua
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Here's last week's fishing report for the lake courtesy of the Fresno Bee.

Millerton Lake

**Bass **Stripers **Shad

Merritt Gilbert reported the lake is coming up 1 to 2 feet per day. The 100% Bass tournament hosted 33 boats, and the winning team fished the main lake with Bassectomy Worms for a 9-pound limit. Senkos, dart-head plastics, rip baits or jigs are also working. Stripers to 6 pounds have been taken on minnows behind the 35-mph buoys. Some shad should be moving upriver soon. The upper-river area is especially dangerous, with several unmarked rock towers just below the water in the middle of the channel above Temperance. The lake came up 9,451 acre-feet to 67% capacity.

Call: 225-1838, 292-3474

megafisher94
05-26-2008, 07:34 PM
caught a couple of 12inches in the coves last summer on roostertails

Cabodude
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Millerton is a great lake to fish anytime. Spotted Bass are everywhere! Also, watchout for the stripers. They will snatch up your spotted bass like sharks do to tuna. Senkos and Shad raps are all you need at that lake!

sharrko
06-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Can anyone give an update as of how millerton lake is at this moment?
I am going camping there for the 4th of July, but i did not intent to take my fishing poles.
Please make suggestions as of what should i expect fishing and camping both.
I am renting a jet ski too so i am hoping to have some fun. It's goign to be 7-8 of us. for 4 days.
Thanks in advance.

sky
06-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Deleted info outdated:Secret:

sharrko
06-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Thank you for the reply. I have never been to the lake so any onfo is appreciated.
I am hoping to do ok when it comes to the heat. Bringing pop up canopy and about 100 lbs of ice ( half of it will be seperated with dry ice to last a little longer). Truck will be full. And i mean realy full. I wasn;t sure if i should get my fishing gear, since i only fish for bass and stripers. But maybe i can find room for one poll and some limited fishing gear. I hope the water is not too nasty cause we are hoping to spend some time in the water cooling off and palying with the jet ski. It's 4th of july so i am hoping to do some traditional camping. I am not picky, but some of the girls coming with us are. So i just wana make sure they don't get dissapointed. We originally planed on going to lake isabella, where i was very happy last year, but we couldn't get reservations and the only place we can book was Millerton.Thanks again, and any other info you think we should know before we go is going to be appreciated greatly.

megafisher94
06-30-2008, 07:47 AM
i fished for an hour or 2 while we we were on a water skiing trip, i used roostertails and pulled up 7, 1-4lb largemouth and got my line broken when using chicken liver

Ruger
07-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Fine Gold cove my friend....