PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Arizona fishing???

Liteliner
05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew any fishing spots around the phoenix and goodyear area. Just something local worth fishing. Im gonna be visiting my brother for the weekend so any info would be awesome. Ive seen alot of little canals throughout the newer neighborhoods in the goodyear area. You guys know if there are fish in there and are we allowed to fish it?

DarkShadow
05-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Liteliner,

Most of those little ponds have 'No Trespassing/No Fishing' signs posted. :Confused:

I've checked. :Cool:

Try your shot at the bigger lakes...Pleasant, Apache and Bartlett are all within earshot of Goodyear.

Ambassadorhawg
05-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Try Crystal gardens. It's open to the public. A series of small man-made ponds all connected and fed by the canal system. Bass, panfish, Tilapia, catfish, koi, carp all in there. North of I-10 in or just East of Goodyear.

WARRIORMIKE
05-22-2008, 08:21 PM
theres a pond or 2 two near bass pro in Mesa

ghetto dad
05-22-2008, 09:46 PM
lol...ill be moving to buckeye soon liteliner......

Liteliner
05-22-2008, 10:24 PM

Really? man its to damn hot there. My lil bro never steps outside on the weekends. Sits in his ac house all day. Looks lonely. The cities look deserted on hot days in goodyear. No cars driving around, walmart parking lot not even a quarter full, and the wall of death(sand storm). Good luck....

Liteliner
05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys...

Ambassadorhawg
05-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Ghetto Dad is moving to Buckeye??? Why? What's out there??? That's pretty much the Western edge of development as far as "The Valley of the Sun" goes. And I agree with Liteliner, super hot out there in the Summer, 120 degree days is to be expected!

It's gonna be a long drive to jump on a 1/2 or 3/4 day boat!!! But... there is a tonnage of great fishing out that way, though. Great bassin' & giant Blue Tilapia to catch just to name a few!

I am out there at least once a year to sample the action, one of my best friends lives in Goodyear.

Later, A-hawg

Liteliner
05-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Well didnt get any fishing done in az this past weekend but found a nice ninja spot. My sister bought another house and theres a canal right behind her backyard. I jumped the fence to check it out and this canal was loaded with tilapia. Some very nice 3#'s with a bunch of smaller units. Also saw what looked like smallies. Next visit its on.

CASTAWAY
05-28-2008, 04:10 PM

GD, if you do move, let's hit up Alamo Lake when I go there to visit
my sister..... :D

sansou
05-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Buckeye? Wow.... That's like the very far edge of Los Angeles.... Be sure to pack some Coppertone and brace yourself for hellish commutes on the "10" for work.