PDA

View Full Version : Kaweah River / Kaweah Lake Mouth

johnsfishing
04-13-2007, 02:53 PM
8) My Family and I had a great trip up north to see the Sequoias and the Kaweah River / Kaweah Lake Mouth. When we finally made it up there I had to check out the slick rock area. I got to go down to the rivers edge with my Snot Rocket Litl Ripper Pole. The Family eventually followed me down there. I was looking for little pools and my Dad eventually pointed me to go between these to willow trees. I flipped out the Snot Rocket about 10 feet and let it drift in the current and come back under the willows. On the 5th cast I got hit!!!! :D Did this in 30 minutes

This was my first fish on a Lip Ripper Product, my first fish out of a river, my first BASS outside of a heavily stocked pond, and my first fish on the rod and reel I was using. The 13 1/2 inch Bass was released.

The next day after seeing the Sequoias we went down to the river around 4:30 pm and set up in calm water to catch a few fish. I caught the first trout> a 10 inch trout on Gulp!. The fish fought very different then alot of fish I have caught. It even jumped out of the water on to the shoreline when we were going to net it!! Then a little while later my dad caught his first bass out of the river! I rigged up a Nightcrawler/ Powerbait Combo and the bass took it. Then Heidi (My Sister) was next. I casted out a pole and right when the the Gulp! Bait hit the water a fish ate it!!! I set the hook and Heidi reeled in a nice 13 inch Trout!! We fished for a little over two hours. We missed about 4 bites.

Now on Wednesday it was pure fishing.

I went down with my Chartruese Lip Ripperz Trout Worms to try for the Trout and Bass and sure enough I caught yet another nice bass (15 inches). This bass was taken a few holes up in quick moving water. My sister then decided to go with my mom to a spot further down the shoreline. Eventually we make it down to her spot and we find out that she has a Trout! She had just landed it on Rainbow Powerbait in Nitro Gravy. She caught it all by herself! Congrats! :)

I stayed for a few hours then I decided that I was hiking back to my spot where I had caught the bass. All I took was 4 nightcrawlers, Orange nitro eggs, Lip Ripperz Trout worms, and Needle Nose Pliers. While I am catching fish my Dad and my Sister end up catching nothing.

I took turns between the nightcrawler and nitro egg combo that I used to catch my 2nd 10 inch Trout of the Day and Lip Ripperz Chartruese Worms that I used to catch my second bass of the day estimated at about 13 inches. No Pics of these to fish :x So I got to fish all by myself and had a lot of fun doing that. Those fish were released.

The whole trip was great!!!!!!! 8) :D :D Just thought I would let everyone in on the fishing details :wink:

jase33
04-13-2007, 03:26 PM
great report and awsome pictures...looks like you guys had a blast.

BakoBassin
04-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Nice looking spotted bass.

johnsfishing
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM

Which one??? are those really spotted bass?? :?

BakoBassin
04-17-2007, 06:59 AM

Which one??? are those really spotted bass?? :?
The ones you got are. The one your dad has looks to be a largemouth. Pics kinda blurry.

johnsfishing
04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
alright!!! I caught some spottd BASS!!!!

I was looking at pictures comparing largemouth and spotted and I think the difference is that the spotted bass have dark spots on there sides..

what really is the difference in appearance??

one_leg
04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Hold em by the lip John. Try to avoid touching the gills as much as possible.

When are you gonna catch something at night?

johnsfishing
04-17-2007, 10:09 PM

I was holding them by the lip :o >> and I feel the urge to go night fishing soon :) .. I saw the last SARL report and it looked pretty good to me.. I have never done it before.

Hitts0n
04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
J0hn ownz! :thumb:

troutdog
05-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Nice job KID! Excellent report and details, keep them coming.

TD

johnsfishing
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
it was a great fishing experience!! thanks for the comments so far :D

bsp
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM

I was holding them by the lip :o >> and I feel the urge to go night fishing soon :) .. I saw the last SARL report and it looked pretty good to me.. I have never done it before.

Sorry to say, but one_leg is right. You are sticking one of your fingers under the gill plate in each of those photos. If you read this in time DO NOT got to SARL!!!! I have fished there a number of times and while you catch alot of fish, and some big ones at that, it is not a nice experience. It basically is a hole in the ground, in the middle of a busy urban area, with lots of fish. Stick to either LNL or the 'Vine for pay lakes. Send me a PM if you want a good spot at LNL... that is my favorite pay lake.

johnsfishing
05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
my bad about the finger on the gills!! I have been to SARL once before and I agree with you about the lake... I have been to the vine alot > nice place..

I have been wondering about LNL.. is it a nice place??

bsp
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
PM sent.

johnsfishing
05-09-2007, 08:32 PM
PM sent also

Sue
05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Yay!

Troutman65
05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Sue , Thats exatly what I was going to say!! LOL !! Great report young lad. Nothing wrong with going to SARL. I prefer Irvine lake over SARL . What counts is getting out and doing some fishing!!!!

johnsfishing
05-14-2007, 06:20 PM
thanks sue and troutman!

fisheromen
05-15-2007, 09:39 PM
nice bass in the river! sounds like a blast!

johnsfishing
05-15-2007, 09:43 PM
nice bass in the river! sounds like a blast!

it was my first time ever fishing a river and it was a blast most certainly! 8)

MrSteve87
05-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Excellent report bro! way to go! Looks like thew whole family had a great time that day- That's what life is all about my friend.

johnsfishing
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Excellent report bro! way to go! Looks like thew whole family had a great time that day- That's what life is all about my friend.

Thanks!!!