PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mary Boat rentals

esteroSchmitty
05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Does Lake Mary have boat rentals? do they have pontoons available? is it worth it? If anyone has info, i would appreciate it.

feesh
05-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Aluminum boats with small outboard motors and pontoon boat rentals are available at the lake's baitshop. As far as I'm concerned, you really don't need a boat to sucessfully fish Mary. The northern side of the lake (I think, but 1/4 mile clockwise from the baitshop on the road surrounding the lake) has some nice shoreline to baitfish with large dropoffs. If you do consider to rent a boat, when I was there in the summer time at dusk in a boat, you could cast any lure or jig and retrieve it on the surface for a bite evertime. I caught many fish in the boat, but my largest was a 2 1/2 pounder caught on the shore with a red and gold thomas buoyant. Hope this helps.

feesh

greg
05-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Call Barrett's Landing at Lake Mary Marina (760) 934-5353. I heard that the road to the upper lake will be open this weekend but I don't know if Don Barrett wil have his dock and boats in the water. They have a great deal at $30 for 4 hours on a rental boat. They have 4 pontoons for rent, too. Ask Don where to fish. They have a great map with landmarks and the fishing holes.

Badfish2
05-21-2008, 03:51 AM
If you're going to rent a boat .. do it at Convict.

esteroSchmitty
05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I appreciate the feedback. We are taking our folks up there for some R&R and they like a little pleasure cruise, and hey, if I can throw a few lines in while we're at it, the what the hey?

thanks again.

fishrbouy
05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I second the suggestion to rent at Convict.
If you do end up renting at Mary they have two different marinas .
Fish close to both marinas to start. always ask the guys working the marinas
where to go .((most of the time they will put you on the fish ))
Good lake to fish in the early evening too. Work the surface to 10-15'.

mammoth xfactor
05-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Check out www.mammothkayaks.com

Joshua
05-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I was up there on Friday in the snow. I didnt see any rentals on the water.Still alot of snow on the shoreline. Only saw 1 private boat and one kayak on the water. It was snowing pretty good.
We nailed 6 fish that went around 4 lbs in about 2 hours.5 of them came on Thomas Bouyants. This was only my second time fishin Mary but it is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. If I could have gotten a boat or float tube I think I could have nailed many more big boys. I think I got lucky and found the spot where they were holding

Tatanka
05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey Joshua, I had taken my family up to Lake Mary, we were fishing Sat. n Sun by the cove lodge, opposite end of lake between the Rental and Bait shop. We got skunked on both days, tried power bait, power worns, kast masters lures, night crawlers, felt like throwing in whole tackle box. :(

Great job in landing some fish in those conditions......

Joshua
05-27-2008, 05:58 PM
We got skunked on both days, tried power bait, power worns, kast masters lures, night crawlers, felt like throwing in whole tackle box. :(

Great job in landing some fish in those conditions......
I have felt like that before. Put your car keys in the tackle box, It will prevent you from throwing the box into the clean alpine lake