PDA

View Full Version : marina del rey -sat 5-17 got a little action

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Went to Marina Del Rey docks sat morn.
Got started real late, the action was pretty slow but I still managed 1 legal halibut and 1 short barracuda.

Rob (Rez) joined me as well he landed 1 short barrie and 1 small croaker.

We hung out with a fish and game representative for about an hour, they were there taking fish reports, it was kinda cool to catch that halibut and cuda right in front of them.
In fact after he saw me catch the flattie, we went to his truck and came back with a chair and kicked it with us…..we talked some smack with ‘em too, I’ll bet he tripped out on us : )

Only fished 3 hours but we were talking with the guys that run the bait barge and they said the logs are biting out in the open water, we saw the New Del Rey come in with a nice log slay as well.

I hear that San Pedro they are showing on average 8-10 lbs which is great news.
The news I like even better is that the Boneheads are appearing out at san pedro as well…

Woo hoo, I’ve been waiting for them suckas, I love me some Bonita action.

Anway…another fishing adventure will soon be told,
Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Halibut-marinadelrey5-17-08.jpg

troutdog
05-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Nice hali Gary....how did you cook it? Thanks for the report and pics! Did you get him on live bait, artificial, or the dead stuff?

TD

breeze71
05-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Nice fish my friend. I wish I could have joined you that morning...we could have made a 24 hour thing :D

boxl0bster
05-19-2008, 05:42 PM
nice hali gary, thanks for the report.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice hali Gary....how did you cook it? Thanks for the report and pics! Did you get him on live bait, artificial, or the dead stuff?

TD
Thanks, I beer battered it and deep fried it.....Mckormicks beer batter is da bomb !
Live Sardine....led this one to it's demise....flylined but the bait had grown weaker so it was within the bottom registers....the fish and game guy was trippin...
Rez got 1 short barrie on the croc.

Nice fish my friend. I wish I could have joined you that morning...we could have made a 24 hour thing :D
What the heck do ya mean Hiro ????? we did make that sucka a 24 hr thing...that would have made it a 36'er

nice hali gary, thanks for the report.
Thanks, the actions heating up.....more will be had soon !

ikeman
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Nice flattie. Glad to hear you had some action, even on a quiet day.

Wingnut
05-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Nice Flat Boy Gary, Bob told me that you nabbed a good one when we were out at DVL. Now go get some more! ;) :Envious:

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Rob sent me this photo of the short cuda.....it's nice to hear the real logs are beginning to show up....but I will be targeting me some boneheads real soon !!!!! as well as some logs.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinacuda5-17-08.jpg

one_leg
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Nice fish!

makersmark
05-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Nice work on the keeper Gary!

GeordyBass
05-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Kill Some butts GARY!
BLOOD!:Twisted:

yellowtail44
05-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know directions and parking info on how to get to the public fishing dock? Also, what are the fees if any? I usually fish just at the private boat docks but recently have been getting kicked out of there by security.

I would like to go now... instead of sitting here bored :)