PDA

View Full Version : Big Bones and Yellows!!!

DavidE
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Got a call from the Capt of the Sea Watch out of Seaforth to join him fishing 5/17 on his 3/4 run. Needless to say I went.

We got a little late start and headed to the islands. Our first fish was jig strike on the troll. Baits in the water but only pulled one on this quick stop. I was throwing a green/chrome 2 oz. Dart. This drove the bones crazy all day.

We must have hit 5 different schools of bones and limited out before 10am. I was using my Teramar/Curado set up and had a blast with it!!! Felt like Albies on that lite set up.

Anyways hit the islands and left with 10 yellows landed and at least 5 (i saw) that broke off or spit the hook. The biggest was a 32#'er landed by the only guy not in the JP ... DOH!!!! Runner up WAS A 27#'er to a kid who is kick-*** fisherman and he donated the $150 to the crew.

The day was way awesome!!!

My final count:
Bonito - ALOT!!!!!!!!!
Yellow- 0
Sand Bass - 1 (3#) - eatin him tonite!!!

Go Fishin!!!

Ricky-Ray
05-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Glad you got out there and had some fun. Big boneheads on light gear is always a blast to play with.

sansou
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a fun 3/4 dayer! I agree, the Sea Watch and the way they run it is a great operation. See you around the docks again this summer!!

jplee3
05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Nice job! I LOVE my Curado! That thing is the smoothest! I was really hoping to catch a bone on it but the evil birds nest screwed things up for the rest of the day on that setup. LOL, funny how the JP always turns out eh?

pineapple express
05-19-2008, 02:07 PM
eh bruddah D
sounds like you had a great time...!!! sorry i missed it & much mahalo fo
da invite. i'll be ready fo da next one hopefully with my new custom super seeker
8' jig stick with turbo guides my bro's making me.
i had my directv guy come & upgrade our system to HD...awww man.
NICE...!!! where have i been. i also went to riverside for a bone thugs & harmony
concert. it was 109 out there but worth it...!!! they played all their old songs, was
tight. on the way back i dropped an easy benji @ bass pro shops... some new tackle
& bunch of other stuff i problee didnt need...lol.
peace out
PE

flopps1
05-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Great report...It's about time them yellows got active at the Coronados!

JapanRon
05-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi DavidE,

Wow musta been fun !! Nice report as usual. You'll get 'em next time !!

JapanRon