PDA

View Full Version : Went Surf fishing Near ZUMA

r!der
05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Went surf fishing for the first time in a long time. My buddy that's also on the site wanted to check out a few spots near zuma.
Tried throwing LC's (should have brought some dressing because every cast we were pulling in 2 servings of salad), drop shotting plastics(camo sandworms and others) and fishing w/ sandcrabs in hopes of catching ANYTHING. No LUCK, or maybe we just suck at surf fishing.:ROFL: Surf was "pretty big".
:Skunk:

Swivel
05-19-2008, 11:59 AM
It does sound like you guys suck. If I were there it would of been different.
Ohh wait, I was there, and we do suck. Soo much salad and big sets. Thanks Wingnut for
the spot but I guess the timing wasnt right.

James343
05-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I was out there too from Will Rogers to Zuma in the AM tons of salad. Luckily one little perch wanted to play to beat the skunk. I tried a new spot at the PM high tide unfortunately a comedy of errors ruined the little time we had to fish but it definitley seemed the PM tide was better.

Wingnut
05-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I know what you mean when fishing with tons of veggies in the water... very frutrating when you're trying the throw artificials. When it gets too tough, Carolina rig some camo sandworms and have fun with the Perch. You may nab a bit more than just Perch in that area. ;)
Keep at it guys, you'll get them soon enough. :cool: