PDA

View Full Version : Urgent, High tide & gulp shrimp?

lubemanone
05-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm heading out tomorrow finally the first time in some time out on the salt.I went to turners today to re spool some reels and check out some lures Iv'e been reading about on the the net, I started talking to a fellow fisher dude. I told him I was planning on long Beach Davies launch. And the guy at Turner's (spooling my reels) West Covina, kinda tripped, he said that he wouldn't eat any fish caught out of long Beach or San Pedro harbor. Not a major surprise to me,so he strong; sujjested Newport.,so I said thats cool Ive been out of Newport. Now this guy Richard who was telling me that berlkley gulp 3" shrimps (white & moulting) are "Bass Crack" . He seemed straight out and knowledgable, especially about Balboa Island and newport. So I'm heading out there tommorow with two of my partners.the big question is the importance of high tide. Iv'e gone fishing to the salt I'm guessing 20 times in my life. I'm thinking that I definitively dont know Jack about the sea. because Richard stressed the tide so strongly it seemed like the total difference between skunking & landing.What do you think of SALTWATERTIDES.COM" AND THE FACT THAT HIGH TIDE IS THE RIGHT TIDE. I scoped out the high tide table for newpport and it listed high tide at 1:00 pm tomorrow. Does this sound right?? And what do you think about the gulp shrimps, I'm also taking frozen squid, swim baits from walmart(they look and swim very cool -5" shad silver & green) 12 lb test,