PDA

View Full Version : Scenting LCFM's

tacklejunkie
05-18-2008, 01:50 PM
What is your favorite scent to put on the LC110? Or do you fish them dry?
Bought a few more and I'm gonna go legal hunting here pretty soon. Just wondering what you guys use..

vanillagurilla
05-18-2008, 06:41 PM
need some uni butter or procure i think procure chovie?? lol

Wingnut
05-18-2008, 06:42 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture047.jpg

tacklejunkie
05-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Sweet, Thanks WN! :LOL: I'm gonna need all the help I can get.
Been wanting to try that Uni butter too, I forgot about that!
I'm gonna pick up VG and do some flatty hunting when the GF goes out of town this week.

Bringing one rod/reel, a spool of line and a handfull of hardbaits. The rest is staying at home!

WTFJONLIM
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
you should try the unibutter. its more vasaline-ey so it stays on a little better. but that supersticky pro-cure oils will work too, just make sure its the super sticky one. the origanl oil will just drip right off you lc.

tacklejunkie
05-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah man I tried Pro-cure "Butt juice" and it's too oily and not sticky enough. Gone in 3 casts or so. It did catch me a hali when I put it on shrimp though.

I have the Pro-cure calico cocktail gel. I guess I haven't really given that one a good try yet.

kissthecrook
05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
A guy on here told me about Smelly Jelly,
and it sticks good.
Pro-cure needs to be re-applied,
but it catches fish.

SOSO
05-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Don't need scents on hardbaits. It's a reaction bite lure. Especially for Surf Halibuts. Lucky Craft designers will be upset if they found out you guys are adding scents.

bsp
05-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Anchovy Smelly Jelly. It stays on forever and gives the lure even more flash. Besides, it cannot hurt. Uni butter works too, but i like it more for soft baits since it seems to latch on better.

SOSO
05-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Anchovy Smelly Jelly. It stays on forever and gives the lure even more flash. Besides, it cannot hurt. Uni butter works too, but i like it more for soft baits since it seems to latch on better.

I do use Smelly Jelly on my freshwater soft baits. Sticks on very well. Government should use it for plastic explosives. But on hard baits, not necessary.

Question, does it attract Halibuts from a distance? Some say it makes the fish stay on longer. But on a hardbait with 3 very sharp treble hooks, fish is going to stay on any way.

vanillagurilla
05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
i hear what your saying sosofresh but if he hits and misses but gets a taste he might come back and try again?

bsp
05-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I do use Smelly Jelly on my freshwater soft baits. Sticks on very well. Government should use it for plastic explosives. But on hard baits, not necessary.

Question, does it attract Halibuts from a distance? Some say it makes the fish stay on longer. But on a hardbait with 3 very sharp treble hooks, fish is going to stay on any way.

I would say that it attracts fish from a distance, and when I use a "reel, reel, long pause" retrieve I feel that it helps the fish to commit on the pause. Also, IMO, if the halibut are pressured it helps to distinguish your lure from the others. It comes down to personal preference, but if something gives me even a small improvement on my chances at getting a bite I will use it.