PDA

View Full Version : night fishing dana point jetty 5/15

twin22s
05-17-2008, 01:19 AM
couldn't wait for the conditions to fully ripen for the harvest under a full moon, so i went fishing on thurday night. fishing was slow for the first few hours, didn't see alot of action. i was just waiting for the sun to go down. got out to the second bend of the jetty, past all the birds and shiutfff. alot of slippery white rocks. must be all the bait that the bonito have pushed in. anyway i got about 5 bites with no hooks so i switched to a smaller bait and started steadily catching some small bass. went back to a tube jig and got some bigger bites. ended up catching 3 legals, all released, my freezer is full. and about a dozen shorts. planing on going back in a few days as conditions will improve and so will the fishing. check out my "invitation" in the fishing rondevous section.

ps sorry no pics. i don't take a camera out there. too dangerous. but if i eat the last ones i caught and take more home, then you guys can get your hot naked fish pictures.

twin22s
05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
SSDD,(same story different day).

makersmark
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info man, Ill be going down to San Clemente this Tue night to see what I can pull in. Keep it up bro, good to see reports from the southern side!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-26-2008, 02:47 PM
nice work there, I'd love ta try that jetty someday.

Congrats on the sucessful trip.
keep up the good work,
Gary