PDA

View Full Version : Lookie What I found...(I wonder if the landings know?)

Fish Dog
05-18-2007, 07:01 PM
On Newport Beach this morning around Orange Street...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/caninelaw/nptsquid.jpg

I wonder if the landings know, I don't see any of them in the counts. I talked to a City worker and they told me they picked up about 30 or so of them between the River and the Wedge. Averaged about 15 pounds...

You calamari cravers..GO GET 'UM!!

POSTAL
05-18-2007, 07:12 PM
holy squid rings batman :shock:

Granny Fish
05-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I think the little ones make better calimari, but the big ones would probably make great bait.

EricU
05-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Fish Dog,

Was that washed ashore and found dead with the other 30? Was it rescued for observation and analysis?

...not a good sign if that is the case - could be the result of more domoic acid from what I have been reading.

Thank you for the report.

Fish Dog
05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Fish Dog,

Was that washed ashore and found dead with the other 30? Was it rescued for observation and analysis?

...not a good sign if that is the case - could be the result of more domoic acid from what I have been reading.

Thank you for the report.

They were washed ashore but I'm thinking that this was because the were in the surf chasing grunion and then they get attracted too close because of the lights on the houses in NB. It's happened before when there wasn't any red tide.

05-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Theyre back...there was 30 caught on a twilight trip last night...

Ambassadorhawg
05-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Actually, the Humboldts never left, we just stopped chasing them in order tp target other species that were coming back into open season, like CODS.