PDA

View Full Version : My summer goal CATCH A YELLOW

KILLA
05-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Im making it a point to catch a yellowtail this summer. So if anyone has a private boat and would like someone to pitch in on expenses, fuel, bait, food, etc.... then send me a PM. PLEASE. If not on a private boat, Then I will have to charter a trip to the Clemente islands and fight for elbow room. Either way I cant wait to hook into one of those things.

Also if possible, I have a older brother if there is room on the boat to chip in as well. What ever it takes. We have our own gear, and will be hassle free

Killa

Tail Chaser
05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
What do you want to catch one of them mean things for :rolleyes:
There very hard on your tackle Ya Know :LOL:

I'll keep you in mind as the season progresses.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
you've caught yellows before right?:)

Tail Chaser
05-15-2008, 03:07 PM
YEP! Sure Have.

jplee3
05-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Same here! I'm thinking about hitting up an overnighter on the Outrider in mid-July. They have 4 spots left out of 10. Let me know if you'd be up for it. I really want to hook up on one of these beasts as well :)

Ricky-Ray
05-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Same here! I'm thinking about hitting up an overnighter on the Outrider in mid-July. They have 4 spots left out of 10. Let me know if you'd be up for it. I really want to hook up on one of these beasts as well :)

Is that an open party trip? Overnight or 2 day? What's the date?

Ricky-Ray
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
You might want to look at some of the open party overnight boat's too if you can't score an empty seat or two on a private boat.

Freedom, Toronado, El Dorado, Ultra, Aggressor, Sea Horse are just a few boats you might want to look into. They have consistently been catching yellowtail whenever they are around.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 03:58 PM
YEP! Sure Have.
i was asking killa i know you have broken rod!! ;)

KILLA
05-15-2008, 04:03 PM

Nope, I have caught cuda's, bonito, rays, sharks, bass, but no yellows. I have the set ups for them, just haven't got one on my line. Everytime I charter a 3/4 day usually there is one lucky bastard that gets one or two. Just called up dana wharf in reguards to Clemente island. I have to see if I can get the time off work.

I grew up on salt but then moved inland and became hooked on fresh. But a few times a month I get my salt gear wet :thumb:

Tail Chaser
05-15-2008, 04:21 PM
My Mistake :Embarrassed:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Nope, I have caught cuda's, bonito, rays, sharks, bass, but no yellows. I have the set ups for them, just haven't got one on my line. Everytime I charter a 3/4 day usually there is one lucky bastard that gets one or two. Just called up dana wharf in reguards to Clemente island. I have to see if I can get the time off work.

I grew up on salt but then moved inland and became hooked on fresh. But a few times a month I get my salt gear wet :thumb:

Nice man yellows are intense!! i love catching them..im going out on a 3/4 tomorrow out of daveys to get some bones maybe a few stray yellows!~!#!@#@! i heard they are around catalina..

KILLA
05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Nice man yellows are intense!! i love catching them..im going out on a 3/4 tomorrow out of daveys to get some bones maybe a few stray yellows!~!#!@#@! i heard they are around catalina..

Like I said, every 3/4 day trip out of davey's locker ive been on, some luck guy lands one. Hopefully tomorrow it will be you. Cant wait to see your post. I heard the big bones are bitting leads right now. Have you check the fish count?

Good luck to you

Killa

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Like I said, every 3/4 day trip out of davey's locker ive been on, some luck guy lands one. Hopefully tomorrow it will be you. Cant wait to see your post. I heard the big bones are bitting leads right now. Have you check the fish count?

Good luck to you

Killa

Ya last year i went on a 3/4 day out of daveys and everyone was hooking 35lb+ and i hooked nothing!! i think it was because i put a gain of suntan lotion on before we fished and touching live bait with my hands got the lotion on the bait and i think it film coats the bait with lotion haha and the yellows were like no thanks.

ghetto dad
05-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Ya last year i went on a 3/4 day out of daveys and everyone was hooking 35lb+ and i hooked nothing!! i think it was because i put a gain of suntan lotion on before we fished and touching live bait with my hands got the lotion on the bait and i think it film coats the bait with lotion haha and the yellows were like no thanks.

yeah bro, you DO NOT want to get lotion on your bait!!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
yeah bro, you DO NOT want to get lotion on your bait!!!

YA I FIGURED THAT OUT THE HARD WAY!! :LOL::LOL:..im going out on the freelance tomorrow i want get some stray yellows and those big bones.!!BUT NO LOTION THIS TIME I DONT CARE IF I LOOK LIKE A FRIED CHURO WHEN IM DONE AS LONG AS I HAVE FISH HAHA..

vince champion
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
gl zombie, Im with you everytime i go on charter i never get the big dogs. its always someone next to me. kinda sucks. but gl!

pokerface12
05-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Killa good luck on your quest for a yellow this year. Remember fluorocarbon makes a big difference when fishing for yellows. Especially at the island, when the pick is slow, good luck man.

Ricky-Ray
05-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Hey Zombie, I usually carry sunscreen in the liquid based kind where you spray it on. Cost a bit more than the lotion but I don't have to get my hands greasy with lotion and I'm still protected from the sun.

Something to consider.

HBJapo
05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Go to it Killa! You'll get that fish this year, I have faith in you dawg!

Japo :Envious:

migfrias
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
If you apply sun lotion by hand, afterwards pick up a chovie or two and smash up the bait all over you hands. Then rinse with sea water (hose) never in the bait tank.

miguel

Tail Chaser
05-16-2008, 04:14 PM
YA I FIGURED THAT OUT THE HARD WAY!! :LOL::LOL:..im going out on the freelance tomorrow i want get some stray yellows and those big bones.!!BUT NO LOTION THIS TIME I DONT CARE IF I LOOK LIKE A FRIED CHURO WHEN IM DONE AS LONG AS I HAVE FISH HAHA..

PRO CURE in sardine flavor looks like it would make a good hand moisturizer :rolleyes::LOL: