PDA

View Full Version : LC FM Alternative

Bassripper2000
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Hello

Any alternatives to the LC Flash Minnows for surf fishing for Halibuts? When I say alternative, I mean cheaper =)

These owners look similar... the blue black resembers the LC Metallic Sardine...

Thoughts?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageOCRB-ORN112.html#

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 02:00 PM
i have the owner rippin minnow in blue black..and works the same nothing diffrent its just all the hype is all about the sardine 110 minnow or the 110 minnow in general ..i use a japanese lure called ima those are good too and alil cheaper then the lc.

here check em out they are a great lure

http://www.imalures.com/imagine.php

FishingOC
05-15-2008, 02:09 PM
http://www.tackletour.net/T3Forum/viewtopic.php?t=23745&highlight=hirame

Bassripper2000
05-15-2008, 02:09 PM
The black back shad looks good man. Where can I find some?

camrydad
05-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Is there a tackle shop that carries them or did you have to order directly from imalures?

cappo
05-15-2008, 02:39 PM
i like to use the River 2 Sea Laser Minnow, I've caught a few legals and fat croakers off of it. It's only $7 so who cares if i lose it.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Is there a tackle shop that carries them or did you have to order directly from imalures?
i get all my ima lures at this tackle shop by my house called FISHERMENS ACCESS they have every ima lure you can find

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
The black back shad looks good man. Where can I find some?
idk where your located but i buy all my tackle from this place close by my house called fishermens acces they have every ima bait you can find they are the only place that really carries ima baits .heres some info

(714) 674-0064
1021 East Imperial Highway Suite G2
Brea, CA 92821

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
cappo is right river to sea has a good minnow too its called the triho

Bassripper2000
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys,,

I'm in OC area so closest tackle shop I got goin on is Long Fins.. Everywhere else sucks... maybe get lucky at Sport Chalet but all in all now good shops down here in the Irvine area

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
go here man they will have everything you need and more,

FISHERMENS ACCESS
(714) 674-0064
1021 East Imperial Highway Suite G2
Brea, CA 92821

calico killer kevin
05-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys,,

I'm in OC area so closest tackle shop I got goin on is Long Fins.. Everywhere else sucks... maybe get lucky at Sport Chalet but all in all now good shops down here in the Irvine area

Currently Longfin is ordering some lucky craft flash minnow 110's in metallic sardine, candy sardine, and zebra sardine for me. They said they'll contact me when they get them, but who knows...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 07:10 PM
hahaa is that right man not even the lucky craft distribution can get their makers to make any of the saltwater series..id like to see pics of em when you get em haha.

JP
05-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I just received some Jackall lures. The Smash Minnow and the Squad Minnow. I plan on trying them out this weekend. They cost $14.99.

http://www.jackall-lures.com/product11.html

http://www.jackall-lures.com/product10.html

SanDimasLMB
05-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I've been using some Megabass Ito Vision110 SW and like them. Theres also one special JDM lure I know that is killer. PM me for more info.

jerryG
05-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Owner Cultiva makes some decent baits. I like their topwater walking baits for freshwater bass and the smaller Rip 'n Minnow is ok as well as their lipless crankbait but the 4 1/2 rip 'n minnow is not worth the money. I tried it for halibut a few years ago. I picked up a couple colors for throwing at the halibut in the surf. I casted them a few times and put them away.

The only way this bait would swim was slow righj on the surface. When I tried to rip it or wind it at a faster speed it would roll and start helicoptoring right on the surface instead of digging in to the water. I had a hard time keeping it below the suftace and keeping it from rolling everytime the current would surge back from the waves on the beach. From the first cast I knew that there was no way this bait even came close to my lucky craft pointers and flash minnows.

The Diawa suspending TD Minnow is a great jerkbait for halibut. I would consider it comparable to lucky craft jerkbaits. No difference in cost between the LC and the TD minnow. I've heard a lot of good things about the megabass vision Ito but I have yet to pick one up. It's $10 more then the LCs. You really can't go wrong with an LC 110 Flashminnow or 100 Pointer (I recommend them both as a must have for anyone serious about catching halibut from the beach).

JerryG

sonarbp
05-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys,,

Hey Bassripper2000 You might give Jimmy's Outdoorsman a shot they just opened up in Orange and have a good tackle selection. But make the ten minute drive to fullerton and see Jack at fishermans access.....they have a great shop like zombie said!!!!

Currently Longfin is ordering some lucky craft flash minnow 110's in metallic sardine, candy sardine, and zebra sardine for me. They said they'll contact me when they get them, but who knows...

It will be a nice trick if longfin can get ahold of some lc110 saltwater version seeing that Lucky craft discontinued this lure and don't have plans to start production again!!!!

uandme
05-16-2008, 08:44 AM
LC 110 dives at 3~4 ft with vibration & sound. ima gene 130 is a floating bait, max 1.5ft.. which is great for halis during low tide conditions or where the surf is no more than 3ft deep (ie: cherry beach). the daiwa td 130 is also a floating bait, works best at slow retrieves. at fast retrieve the bait tends to kick wide and wibble side to side, not so great IMO.

order LC110 from ebay. easiest way to find them. good colors to have: nikishi, clown, metallic sardine, aurora black, perch, white, chrome, gold shiner. that's a good $160 right there if you just get 1 of each color.

Bassripper2000
05-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Anyone try the yo zuri magnet series?

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0043783121999a.shtml

uandme
05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Anyone try the yo zuri magnet series?

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0043783121999a.shtml

i don't like yo zuri lures, craftsmanship is horrible. the paint on the lure is gone after just a few strikes.

jerryG
05-17-2008, 12:49 AM
LC 110 dives at 3~4 ft with vibration & sound. ima gene 130 is a floating bait, max 1.5ft.. which is great for halis during low tide conditions or where the surf is no more than 3ft deep (ie: cherry beach). the daiwa td 130 is also a floating bait, works best at slow retrieves. at fast retrieve the bait tends to kick wide and wibble side to side, not so great IMO.

order LC110 from ebay. easiest way to find them. good colors to have: nikishi, clown, metallic sardine, aurora black, perch, white, chrome, gold shiner. that's a good $160 right there if you just get 1 of each color.

Actually the Daiwa TD minnow comes in both a floating model and a suspedning model. If you buy one make sure it's the suspending model. The suspending version swims good fast or slow no wide wobble and wibble side to side like with the floating version. If anything just buy an LC.. They are hard to beat.

JerryG

jerryG
05-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey Bassripper2000 You might give Jimmy's Outdoorsman a shot they just opened up in Orange and have a good tackle selection. But make the ten minute drive to fullerton and see Jack at fishermans access.....they have a great shop like zombie said!!!!

It will be a nice trick if longfin can get ahold of some lc110 saltwater version seeing that Lucky craft discontinued this lure and don't have plans to start production again!!!!

Over the past several years I have heard so many rummors about LC no longer making the FM110 or that they have stopped production of the FM110 saltwater versions but it's proven to be nothing more then rummors. Not sure if they will make more saltwater versions but there are plenty saltwater versions distributed through out Japan. I think it's more a matter of if they are going to start shipping more over to the USA. I would be very suprised if LC stoped making the FM110.

JerryG

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Over the past several years I have heard so many rummors about LC no longer making the FM110 or that they have stopped production of the FM110 saltwater versions but it's proven to be nothing more then rummors. Not sure if they will make more saltwater versions but there are plenty saltwater versions distributed through out Japan. I think it's more a matter of if they are going to start shipping more over to the USA. I would be very suprised if LC stoped making the FM110.

JerryG

your kinda right but mostly wrong...Lucky craft distributers cant get their main head to make em they do have some in france its the 110minnow saltwater series in sardine but has the scales on its side..and maybe jack from fishermens access might get 50!! :Shocked: dont mark my words but he put in a order and might come in..but yeah they did stop making the saltwater series in Lc they just have many floating around..and they are not rumors ..if japan had em man jack would..because like i said hes getting some from france.And the reason they discontinued Lc in saltwater series because the fact it doesn't do well around the world only mostly in usa/california..they dont get high enough sales world wide..but i will say it again they did discontinue LC in saltwater series i talk to jack from fishermens access all the time and yes they are discontinued to make it clear.

jerryG
05-18-2008, 03:06 AM
your kinda right but mostly wrong...Lucky craft distributers cant get their main head to make em they do have some in france its the 110minnow saltwater series in sardine but has the scales on its side..and maybe jack from fishermens access might get 50!! :Shocked: dont mark my words but he put in a order and might come in..but yeah they did stop making the saltwater series in Lc they just have many floating around..and they are not rumors ..if japan had em man jack would..because like i said hes getting some from france.And the reason they discontinued Lc in saltwater series because the fact it doesn't do well around the world only mostly in usa/california..they dont get high enough sales world wide..but i will say it again they did discontinue LC in saltwater series i talk to jack from fishermens access all the time and yes they are discontinued to make it clear.

I do believe that they no longer ship the saltwater versions to the USA. Not trying to say what you heard is wrong but what I am saying is that I've heard so many stories on the subject from a lot of different people who have claimed to know what's really going on. It's hard to know what and who to believe. Some say they are out of production others say they are in production.

So if they stopped making the LC Saltwater versions world wide then why would they bother to include them in their 2008 catalog? but then again If they are still making Saltwater versions then why wouldn't they ship them to the USA? I really don't know but I have enough LC FMs and Pointers to last me a long so I supose it doesn't make much of difference one way or the other to me. There is a thread on another board on this subject and Some one had made a confirmation based on information provided by a distributor that the saltwater versions were still being made and more will be coming available soon. If you want to check it out I can send you the link.

Peace,
JerryG

Tikka
05-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Try Daiwas DB Minnow...in Prism Shad color...$5.99 each!....they do the job real well...I spent a morning at East Beach Santa Barbara last weekend and released over 12 short halibut...BUT...I kept the one that measured 34inches!!!...that was my kick for the year. Daiwa DB Minnows work like a charm!
Check Cabelas for them.

OceanLAKERiver
05-21-2008, 10:34 PM
caught a 7 lber on the new yo-zuri color change lure the week after i bought it at the fred hall, then broke it off on another legal hali tangled on the jetty a week later-- worth the $20?? you decide (i went to turner's and bought another!)

fishing25
05-23-2008, 11:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190224559338&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

We have in stock.

Thanks.

Hello

Any alternatives to the LC Flash Minnows for surf fishing for Halibuts? When I say alternative, I mean cheaper =)

These owners look similar... the blue black resembers the LC Metallic Sardine...

Thoughts?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageOCRB-ORN112.html#

surfnfish
05-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey, try the ima Heavy Surfer 90. this is a sweet bait. its a bit smaller than the 110 and it sinks. You can either fish it quicker and higher in the water column or slow roll it right along the bottom. I've had a lot of success with the "sardine" and the "flounder special." This is a great all around bait and it not only catches lots of flatties, but every other kind of surf fish and I've also had some very solid days of bass fishing with it as well.

Try This sight, its written in japanese but you can gather a general impression of ima baits- http://www.ima-ams.co.jp/#product
Hope this helps

Bassripper2000
05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Sale over... sold out in one day like 30... somebody bought 15... wowsers....

bsp
05-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I bought 5.

fishon714
05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
I bought 5.

Nice! I hope you catch 1,000 halibuts this year!