PDA

View Full Version : N.P.H. Public dock 5/14

klocked
05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Hit the dock again today with my son. Those cudas are on a mean streak! We lost count of all the fish we caught. My son was just slayin the bass today. Every time I turned my head to check on him, he was unhooking a fish.

Met fellow FNN'r Zombie Bass Attack on the dock today, nice meeting you out there, you seem to be a really cool dude.

Water temp is up, water clarity was about 5ft despite the red tide, bass are coming into spawning mode, cudas are going berzerk trying to eat everything in their path. Several times when I hooked a cuda and got it close to the dock there were one or two more trying for a shot at my lure also. Ahhhh... SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!

Here's some pics of only a few of the fish we caught...

Klocked

vanillagurilla
05-14-2008, 11:14 PM
nice job out there. looks like a cool place.

vince champion
05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I was there also, trolled out of the harbor which took 40 mins (so pointless) and caught 3 cudas. all baby tho. Went to look for bone heads but warnt around heard they went to catalina. nice catch btw looked like you had a blast with your kid.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Nice job man..nice meeting you too you also seem pretty dope :D

troutdog
05-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Great post and pics, looks like you and your son had a great time on the water!

TD

klocked
05-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Nice job man..nice meeting you too you also seem pretty dope :D

LOL!!......... Time for me to get a hair cut then!!

steve092
05-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Nice!

Looks like your boy had fun.

flyngby
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Klocked,

Excellent job again and getting your kid on some fish, he came close to the Harbor Trifecta.
Add a Spottie in there and he has it!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice variety out there at the dock. Remember if things become slow and the bite is not on there move to the other opportunities within the harbor.

I can see into the future and it looks like you kid will be dragging you down there at every possibility. Hopefully you live some what close to the Harbor.

Great job Dad!!!!

Flyngby
Steve

fishcatcherr
05-18-2008, 06:13 PM
nice job. Im going to be out there tomorrow..
Can someone tell me if you need a license on the docks.. my girlfriend doesnt have on yet so yeah.
thanks

vanillagurilla
05-18-2008, 06:31 PM
not 100% on that question. the new 08-09 dfg ocean sport fisher regs. say no lisence is needed on any public pier in open ocean or harbor so im going to lean twards the no?

sonarbp
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
nice job. Im going to be out there tomorrow..
Can someone tell me if you need a license on the docks.. my girlfriend doesnt have on yet so yeah.
thanks

Yes you will need to have a license to fish the dock that face Newport Harbor.....the only place that you do not need one is on piers and docks that are surrounded on three sides by the ocean.

vanillagurilla
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
idk sonar... i read the new 08-09 regs and it said no lisence needed on any public pier in ocean or harbor. here i copied it from the reg books. "Anyone 16 years and older must have a fishing license to take any kind of fish, mollusk, invertebrate,
amphibian or crustacean in California, except for persons fishing from a public pier in ocean or bay waters." but i guess a dock isnt a pier right? a peir has to be suspended above the high tide water line?

spiceguy
05-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Trust me...you need one to fish any dock in the harbor.

Nessie Hunter
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Confusing at the very least...

But you have to read the definition of Dock & Pier as defined by DFG regs....

A "Pier" is ocean facing, Public, Stationary, and all portions of it are above high tide line...

No lic needed for those....

Bay Docks are not Ocean facing etc etc...

Lic Required....

Some times you have to dig deep.......

klocked
05-20-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL... THREADJACKED b4 my son even got to check out the post:Evil:

klocked
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
LOL... THREADJACKED b4 my son even got to check out the post:Evil:

Ok, so that sounded a bit harsh, now that the wild hair's been pulled out...

In NPH you'll have 3 different authorities at any given time just looking for someone not playing by the rules. 2 out of 3 times I've been there on the public dock, an O.C. sheriff has pulled in real close and demanded to see a license from a few people. They weren't very nice about it either.

There's also a sign posted on one of the light poles at the dock I was fishing from stating "fishing license required".

And this from the DFG regs.:

1.88. Public Pier.

A public pier is a publicly owned man-made structure that has the following characteristics: is connected, above the mean high tide, to the main coastline or to the landmass of a named and charted natural island; has unrestricted free access for the general public; and has been built or currently functions for the primary purpose of allowing angling access to ocean waters.

Additionally, publicly owned jetties or breakwaters that are connected to land, as described above, that have free unrestricted access for the general public and whose purpose it is to form the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor are public piers. Jetties, breakwaters, promenades, sea walls, moles, docks, linings, barriers and other structures that are not the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor, are not public piers.

That should answer your question.

Skyler
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
not 100% on that question. the new 08-09 dfg ocean sport fisher regs. say no lisence is needed on any public pier in open ocean or harbor so im going to lean twards the no?

There are signs on the NPH public docks that state that you need a license to fish. I don't think it is actually considered a public pier. Just a public boat dock.

vanillagurilla
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
idk sonar... i read the new 08-09 regs and it said no lisence needed on any public pier in ocean or harbor. here i copied it from the reg books. "Anyone 16 years and older must have a fishing license to take any kind of fish, mollusk, invertebrate,
amphibian or crustacean in California, except for persons fishing from a public pier in ocean or bay waters." but i guess a dock isnt a pier right? a peir has to be suspended above the high tide water line?

guess you missed that one eh skyler?

one_leg
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Congrats to you on your catches!

Some real nice bass hang out under the boats docked at the Channel Reef Condos (the white 6 story structure behind you in the next to the last picture).

One_Leg

Skyler
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
guess you missed that one eh skyler?

Lol. Obviously.

flyngby
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
#16 Today, 10:59 AM
klocked Join Date: Jun 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by klocked
LOL... THREADJACKED b4 my son even got to check out the post

Ok, so that sounded a bit harsh, now that the wild hair's been pulled out...

In NPH you'll have 3 different authorities at any given time just looking for someone not playing by the rules. 2 out of 3 times I've been there on the public dock, an O.C. sheriff has pulled in real close and demanded to see a license from a few people. They weren't very nice about it either.

There's also a sign posted on one of the light poles at the dock I was fishing from stating "fishing license required".

OK FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP!!!!

Lets go back to the original intent of this post!!!!!!!!!!

A Family oriented DAD has found a new location to enjoy a great time with his son and learning some of life's experiences and has had success and provided a nice story with Photo's to back it up!!!! Now on 2 Threads.

Give them the credit deserved and take the FNN FAMILY FUED to the General Message Board.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klocked,

Excellent job again and getting your kid on some fish, he came close to the Harbor Trifecta.
Add a Spottie in there and he has it!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice variety out there at the dock. Remember if things become slow and the bite is not on there move to the other opportunities within the harbor.

I can see into the future and it looks like you kid will be dragging you down there at every possibility. Hopefully you live some what close to the Harbor.

Great job Dad!!!!

Flyngby
Steve

samgann93
05-22-2008, 07:04 AM
hey what dock in NPH were you fishing on?