PDA

View Full Version : June Lake report 5/13-14

billy b
05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Trolled tuesday all over the lake and got 8 between my wife and I. Best luck was nearer the beach end at 2 colors. She took a break and the black and white kitty crawled up in my lap for the next 2.5 hours of fishing. THEN, THEN, did I say THEN? I found a honey hole and got a fish nearly every pass at the west end (opposite end from the beach, if I have my bearings right). All were nice size 3/4 to a pound at 3 colors mostly on the bikini nfish ... but everything worked. Some guy had caught a 4 lber near me on the old red/gold buoyant. We gave that lure a lotta love, but it was standing us up.

Today, I went back to the "honey hole" and it was cold. Trolled past it for about 5 passes and then decided to anchor and try bait and lippers. Only got 5 for the morning - but one was a 2# Cutter. Talk around the cleaning tank was pbait (yellow, orange, and salmon) I tried all of those but got mine on green. No luck on Zeke's ... corn Pbait, rainbow Pbait, etc.

I'd be happy to answer ??? but don't have any more to post ... except it was GORGEOUS weather... maybe up near 70? ... at least it felt like it.

Badfish2
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Cool man, thanks for the report.

GdHkSet1
05-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the troll report. I plan on bringing my boat for the first time up in the Loop sometime in July, can wait to launch...

r/

troutdog
05-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the post....good report and details!

TD

chris
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
i love it when the weather is in the 70's up there

billy b
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Even slept with the window of our balcony open ... overlooking the lake .... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mr. trout
05-15-2008, 01:20 PM
nice report.......sounds fun

-mr. trout