PDA

View Full Version : i have way too much time

rusty6
05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
got my 5 inch senkos in the mail today, smoke purple flake and watermelond red flake. my english class was cancelled and i had no work so what the hell, go try it again. all i did today was flyline my new worms. first cast i went into the weeds and as i reeled out of em my line got way heavy. automatically i thought i had hook the weeds so rather than setting the hook i tried just reeling it out. then the weeds i thought i hooked started going sideways, i got ancy and tried to set the hook but instead pulled it out of its mouth. felt like a good one too, bigger than the 2 pounder i got yesterday. there are a rediculous amount of bullfrog tadpoles in the pond, walked over to a cove where there were about 100 of em just sitting in the shallows. this weekend im definitely going to go up to the upper pond and see what its all about.

Ambassadorhawg
05-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Personally, I like the upper pond more. You have far better shore access to more areas, but it's smaller than the lower pond. It's usually off-color, though. Nowhere near as clear as the lower pond can be. Dropshot rigs, spinnerbaits and even your SENKO should produce. There is killer bluegill fishing at the far end at the edge of the reeds with worms and a bobber. You can catch 50 if you put in the effort.

studlyfisherman
05-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Glad to hear your trying out the senkos...you will be converted to the way of the senko before you know it. I popped a few on em yesterday...at the ranch.

Ambassadorhawg
05-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Studly, PM me with the location of the ranch and I will share another spot that you haven't fished yet.

rusty6
05-14-2008, 06:47 PM
why don't you all pm me new places to i can stop fishing that damn dock on the lower pond haha

Ambassadorhawg
05-14-2008, 06:56 PM
LMFAO!!! So funny R6!

Ambassadorhawg
05-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Studly is scared.

FishermanStu
05-14-2008, 11:03 PM
he is not scared. you just need a gate pass code to get in. there that should be a nice hint

rusty6
05-14-2008, 11:28 PM
im pretty sure i already know what ranch this is