PDA

View Full Version : Sierras Trip 5/9 to 5/13

crfdvm
05-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Just got back from the sierras with the wife and dogs. Left Riverside around 2:30 on Friday. Got to Bishop and stayed the night at Vagabond Inn. Got up early the next morning, stopped at Convict. Action seemed slow. Couple of bites on inflated crawler. Drove up to June Lake, stayed the next three nights at Fern Creek Lodge. Nice little cabins, good price. Fished June from shore (pretty slow). Hiked up to Parker Lake on Sunday, It was really windy all day, thus tough fishing. Beautiful hike and scenary. Love taking the dogs on hikes. Lundy produced a few stockers (a couple browns). Drove to Twin Lakes in Mammoth on Monday am. Really windy and cold. Got a couple on a Red / Gold Buoyant. Decided to rent a boat at Gull Lake in the afternoon. WFO!!! Finally what I came up for. Started flatline trolling rapala cd-5 (brown trout pattern) and Z-Spoon siberian Tiger. 20-30 feet from shore. averaging a fish every 10-15 minutes for the next 4-5 hours. All in the 1-2 pound range. Good fighters on UL gear. Love to hear the reels scream when they hit. Larger fish broke off the rapala so I tried a Gold Super Duper. Still hitting like crazy. Seemed like they were hitting everything trolled. Had a great time. Kept limit of rainbows and cooked them up that night. Drove down the hill the next morning, stopped in Bishop and spent a short time at Intake II. Seemed fished out. Nobody was catching. Dinked around in Bishop Creek right below Parchers. Caught a few on panther martins and fly lined crawlers. Back to Riverside by 6pm. Had a great time with the wife and dogs. I'll try to post some pics when I get time.

Fisherman57
05-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the board!

Sounds like a great trip and glad to hear it went wide open at Gull....
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

mth1997
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Sounds like you did a nice little tour of the Eastern Sierra. What is the difficulty level of the hike to Parker?

SoCalGuy7
05-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the report, sounds like a great time....

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the New Members section...;)

SCG7

Brian_GSC
05-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Did you get any cutties at Gull?

...looking forward to the pictures!!!

greeper
05-14-2008, 05:11 PM
thanks for the report sounds like gull might be gettin back in the swing of things after being real slow the past couple of years. I'm leaving in the morning can't wait.

greg
05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Welcome to FFN! Love hearing those hot fishing days !!! I'll be hitting the road at noon after a 30 hour work day to try my luck over this weekend...

troutdog
05-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Great first post, thanks for sharing the info.

Welcome to FNN.

TD

steve092
05-15-2008, 05:13 AM
Nice job!

Bet the scenery was beautiful.