PDA

View Full Version : bishop

touchdownt
05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
hey me and a couple of buddies will be in bishop from friday to sunday and i'm looking for some advice on fishing sabrina and bishop creek or anywhere else. i mostly fish local lakes near bakersfield and i love fishing the kern river. we will be renting a boat at sabrina and im just looking for local tips or seasoned fishermans expertise. we will also be fishing the creeks and anywhere else. thanks in advance

Badfish2
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Check your pms

fish'n fool
05-14-2008, 06:39 AM
I will be headed to Aspendell (just below Sabrina) on Thursday and will be staying through Sunday. I am not sure if the boat landing at Sabrina is open yet. Was there for the opener but the lake was covered with ice then. I understand the lake is ice free. If you do get a boat at Sabrina, the inlets are the place to be. For shore fishing I've caught many fish around the marina. There are many places to fish along Bishop Creek. Just below Sabrina are 2 great pools. But you have to hit them really early, as they are very popular. If the road to North Lake is open, that is a good place also. Intake II. South Lake. The middle and south forks of Bishop Creek. There are fish everywhere. You have to go looking for them but they are there. Walk along the streams with some polarized sunglasses and you will see them. I have the best success with slow retrieved (water filled Cast-a-bubble) Power Worms in the lakes and mini tube jigs with a Power Worm trailer in the streams. Can't go too wrong exploring the Bishop Creek drainage.

mr. trout
05-14-2008, 07:05 AM
i just checked the lake sabrina website a couple days ago. http://lakesabrinaboatlanding.com/, and the boats are now on the lake and ready to be rented!!

Sierra_Smitty
05-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Fisht the inlets are Sabrina...don't waste your time anywhere else unless the stocked that day...then fish from the shore near the ramp.

South Lake has been fishing excellent from shore and may be ice free by the weekend...we'll see what mother nature wants to do.

The north lake road should just be opening and that lake should be awesome once it's opened up.

touchdownt
05-14-2008, 07:29 PM
thanks everyone great tips!!

usmcfisherman
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
for creek use,a small single hook,salmon eggs.get alot of rainbows and every once in a while a brown or brookie.

for sabrina,use lake fishn tactics.