PDA

View Full Version : MDR Skunk

Caveman
05-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Decided to hit the Marina Del Rey harbor when I found myself with two hours to kill. And, that's just what I did ... kill time. I got two bumps while fishing Big Hammer swimbaits and BPS minijigs. No love at all for the Kastmaster.
Water just isn't warm enough for any real action. Though, I ran into one guy who was also skunked today but had scored two keeper Halibut yesterday. Sounds like a fish story to me! :D

legacy1
05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a fish story to me! :D

Been there, heard that....

vanillagurilla
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
me and tuna killer went down to bolsa chica today.. i got 2 small BSP's then we left for lunch and tried the reserve for nada then back to the inlet. i got 1 12" butt and thats it. looks like red tide out there.

Caveman
05-13-2008, 11:35 PM
me and tuna killer went down to bolsa chica today.. i got 2 small BSP's then we left for lunch and tried the reserve for nada then back to the inlet. i got 1 12" butt and thats it. looks like red tide out there.

BSP's? What were you guys using?

Wingnut
05-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Bummer about the Skunk, but I'd rather out there than stuck in my office. ;) :D

Caveman
05-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Bummer about the Skunk, but I'd rather out there than stuck in my office. ;) :D
I heard that, W-Nut!

vanillagurilla
05-14-2008, 11:26 AM
i was using gulp camo sand worms.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Decided to hit the Marina Del Rey harbor when I found myself with two hours to kill. And, that's just what I did ... kill time. I got two bumps while fishing Big Hammer swimbaits and BPS minijigs. No love at all for the Kastmaster.
Water just isn't warm enough for any real action. Though, I ran into one guy who was also skunked today but had scored two keeper Halibut yesterday. Sounds like a fish story to me! :D
Real sorry to hear bout the skunk, theres definately action going on there....what time were you there and what kind of tide.

I've been doing pretty well there recently,
You'll get 'em next time...remember:
"the worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work"

PM me next time if you want any info, I'll try to help.
Gary

vagabond
05-14-2008, 02:07 PM
this weeks hot weather might pick thing up abit....sorry about the skunk

vanillagurilla
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
hot weather is good but red tide is bad.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2008, 03:24 PM
wasn't red tide sunday...I haven't been there since though

vanillagurilla
05-14-2008, 03:38 PM
was out there yester day gary and it was from seal beach to south of hunington pier. dead dead and dead.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2008, 03:48 PM
was out there yester day gary and it was from seal beach to south of hunington pier. dead dead and dead.

Damn...sorry to hear that, the fishing was just starting to bust loose too !....looks like I have to go get me some LMB tonight.....

Nor rain nor snow nor sleet nor dark of night (or red tide) nothing can stop me from my appointed rounds !

Gotta fiash !
Take care,
Gary