PDA

View Full Version : pismo beach surf fishing, and clam chowder

fishfinder
05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
any-one know where to get great clam chowder after a day on the beach? not looking for a resturant, but just a small take out shack.
also is there any good surf fishing at the end of may from the beach where you can drive on? maybe for halibut or perch.
i will be there in 2 weeks. memorial day weekend

Fisherman57
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
any-one know where to get great clam chowder after a day on the beach? not looking for a resturant, but just a small take out shack.
also is there any good surf fishing at the end of may from the beach where you can drive on? maybe for halibut or perch.
i will be there in 2 weeks. memorial day weekend

Pismo will be busy on Memorial day weekend...... BUT.... for some good Clam Chowder........ try:

Steamers of Pismo
1601 Price Street
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
(805) 773-4711

It's a restaurant but they'll pack it to go for you........ ;)

Great surf fishing all over Pismo...... I like working the area just South of the Sea Venture Hotel...

Have fun and take some photos to share in your report!

fishfinder
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
yea i know it's crowded, but we are staying at lake lopez, and it's better than going to pyramid like i did last year. i will post report when i get back.

rusty6
05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
splash cafe has world famous clam chowder. dont bother surf fishing pismo, try fishing off of the pier in avila or in port san luis

jeff4321
05-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Surf fishing in pismo RULES. just on the RIGHT side of the pier.. you cant drive on the beach though. make sure its early in the AM cuz the crowds WILL get massive.

BBfish
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Splash cafe is the best....

Brads is a very close 2nd...

This is according to my wife (I don't really like Clam Chowder)

I think if you call ahead they will have it ready to go.

You can also get Splash Cafe Chowder form the Costco's up here (Santa Maria and SLO have them)

fishfinder
05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
what beach can we drive on, right down to the water?
got to take the kids. and i just thought i would try fishing there, cause if i got to get wet, i have to have a better reason than swimming in a cold ocean.

buck liggett
05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Fishfinder,
Coming from lopez just stay on that road out turns into grand ave @ old Ag
(arroyo Grande) stay on grand all the way to the beach, theres an entrance there or turn left at the last light before beach go 2 miles to oceano turn right enter beach there.

it's easy to find & not far from lopez at all. Fishing can be pretty good dude
I frequent the area alot. Watch the the youngsters though cause uh it's like
lake lice, but WAY worse & on rhino,atvs, etc. Riptides are bad & some areas
slope off deep real fast. Walleyes like shrimp & BSP's like artificials.

OH yeah,
Another for splash cafe (clam chowder in a bread bowl) FAMOUS They are!
small dine & dash place, line out the door, clam people painted on the wall outside, so You can stand there & take pics.

if ya need any mo fishin info pm. If not have fun I always do.

dalean08
05-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah Splash cafe is the best by far!!!! get the bread bowl and if you are still hungry take empty bread bowl back up and for a dollar, 1$ get it filled back up!!! here is the website and phone # I would call it in for sure line will be wrapped around the joint!!. If you are looking for fish and chips go to Pismo fish and chips right down the road from Splash.
http://www.splashcafe.com/

now I am getting hungry!!!!

fishfinder
05-13-2008, 10:12 AM
splash cafe that's the type of place i am looking for . bread bowl excellent. thanks guys, and the drive straight off the highway to the beach sound perfect.

Wingnut
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Always wanted to do some surf fishing up there at Pismo. SOMEBODY was supposed to take me once. :LOL: ;)
I heard the Perch up there are just monsters. :Twisted:
Have fun on your journey. :cool:

Fisherman57
05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Always wanted to do some surf fishing up there at Pismo. SOMEBODY was supposed to take me once. :LOL: ;)
I heard the Perch up there are just monsters. :Twisted:
Have fun on your journey. :cool:

:ROFL:....... I didnt forget about ya buddy!

We're gonna head that way soon!......

BTW......... Splash cafe DOES have some great Clam Chowder.....
Maybe we need to dig some clams Art?..... you have a pitchfork?.... :ROFL:

buck liggett
05-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I heard the Perch up there are just monsters.

Some surronding areas produce some nice BSP's also some monterey & buttermouth, but pismo mostly hand sized & ocassional slab. Still fun though
for sure!
Used to be huge clams there everywhere, did'nt need a pitchfork You just felt for them with You're feet & dug out by hand, not anymore, decimated.

The best very best HUGE BSP spot in CA is between pismo & Santa Barbara.