PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del Rey -cuda's on bite

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Hit Marina Del Rey docks Sunday morning.

The guys on the docks had some problems with their live bait pump so I lent them a hand and lent them some tools.
No live bait during this down time, I really needed some action so I stepped aside from the repair job and began slinging my trusty Crocodile, prizm pattern, 1st cast, I watch a cuda slam it right in front of me 10’ out…didn’t hook it…about 3 cast later, bam, cuda on !

The cuda were running way short, averaging probably about 17”-20” a few even smaller.

Live Sardines came out and I went to the bottom registers for Flatties, pretty slow for a while then I got hooked up on what I believe was a REAL NICE flattie but farmed ‘em.

The live sardines were really large, cuda hits were common but the bait too big to allow them to take it properly so out of 15 takers, you’d be lucky to hook one on the live bait.

Rez showed up with 4 of his buddies, the bite was a little slow but still some solid action.

I then landed a short Halibut, followed by a small Ray a little while after about 8-9 lbs then Rez landed a cuda and a small Flattie, then it’s my turn to land a seagull….”what a fight” after a quick photo op the gull is sent back into flight.

Rez’s buddies almost landed a nice Halibut that was probably more than 30” it’s ashamed but it shook the hook right by the dock.
I went back to the crocodile to finish it up and get my fish count up.

I ended up catching 15 Baracuda (over 2/3 of them on the croc) 1 short Halibut, a small Ray and a seagull (Hmnnn actually good eating, heh heh !)

Didn’t really bother with photos as these fish were way short and I thought they weren’t worthy of a photo op but it was some good solid fun regardless.

I know, I know...no photos so the post is worthless...no thats really not true but it's not the same, I had so much cuda slime on my hands I didn't want to bother, those cuda don't live that well outa the water so I needed to get 'em back quickly to let 'em get bigger for another days slay.

No white seabass, I was hoping they’d be there but not today.

More will follow soon...
Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SEAGULLMARINADELREY5-11-08.jpg

cappo
05-12-2008, 01:07 PM
nice job gary, hopefully the bigger models will show up soon.

doyoufishmuch
05-12-2008, 01:43 PM
sweet gary, nice fish count. Looks like you do well at the docks all over the place:cool:. With those toad bats you've pictured, I would be really surprised to hear anyone not believe your stories of the smaller ones. Thanks for the report:p!

breeze71
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
sweet gary, nice fish count. Looks like you do well at the docks all over the place:cool:. With those toad bats you've pictured, I would be really surprised to hear anyone not believe your stories of the smaller ones. Thanks for the report:p!

This report is useless without photos! :rolleyes:

Good job my friend.

Sorry about the phone tag over the weekend. I know you really didn't want me to jeopardize the night fishing on Saturday over a mother's day weekend crapray fest!

CAPT'N
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Me thinkith that Garlic Gary is confusing Offshore Adventures with reality???!!!:rofl:

Good job on the big pond Gary....................

Capt'n

one_leg
05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Gary, it sounds like you had fun playing with them slimesticks. You'll get a big flattie out of there someday. Just keep trying and you'll be rewarded.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Me thinkith that Garlic Gary is confusing Offshore Adventures with reality???!!!:rofl:

Good job on the big pond Gary....................

Capt'nIt's always real !, my sense of reality is second to none, I've spoken to me, myself and I...we all agree, they're the best adventures ever !...the one's that come with that little voice speaking from within are the best though !....whispering "kill" "kill" ..."blood" ...blood" "steel" "steel" when one of the three of us catches a fish, the fish counts triple...when we speak...we're always right and we're three times as good !

I do understand you are confused Scott, the last time we fished together for mr stripey, you outfished me...I know it's an odd occurance and your not used to it so I can see your confusion has manifested itself within the realms of the darkside....darkside of something I won't mention...ha ha ha !
You better mark that day on the calendar cause it's dwindleing away in history real real fast !
Better stick to the good o'l times.. when 3 oclock in the afternoon hits, you wake up from a drunken stuper, somewhere on the west side (not LA either) near some rancid garbage cans....then make your way to the lake where I pay 20 cents a fish to head & gut my catch...if your real quick, I tip you 2 bucks and let you keep the guts !

I fished mothers day !
Had to go out, had to get on a slay.
but remember !................Who's your Daddy !

Thanks for the props buddy...next time, I'll let you take home a few carcasses !

Hah Ha,
Gary

This report is useless without photos! :rolleyes:

Good job my friend.

Sorry about the phone tag over the weekend. I know you really didn't want me to jeopardize the night fishing on Saturday over a mother's day weekend crapray fest!

Don't get me started on photos buddy....you know what will follow !!!

Hey Hiro...did you know a phone is useless unless you answer it !

J/K
Talk to ya later buddy

GeordyBass
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
great job gary!Damn my motor blew a piston when i came back from the slay!Hey we need pics!ARGGG!

breeze71
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
It's always real !, my sense of reality is second to none, I've spoken to me, myself and I...we all agree, they're the best adventures ever !...the one's that come with that little voice speaking from within are the best though !....whispering "kill" "kill" ..."blood" ...blood" "steel" "steel" when one of the three of us catches a fish, the fish counts triple...when we speak...we're always right and we're three times as good !

I do understand you are confused Scott, the last time we fished together for mr stripey, you outfished me...I know it's an odd occurance and your not used to it so I can see your confusion has manifested itself within the realms of the darkside....darkside of something I won't mention...ha ha ha !
You better mark that day on the calendar cause it's dwindleing away in history real real fast !
Better stick to the good o'l times.. when 3 oclock in the afternoon hits, you wake up from a drunken stuper, somewhere on the west side (not LA either) near some rancid garbage cans....then make your way to the lake where I pay 20 cents a fish to head & gut my catch...if your real quick, I tip you 2 bucks and let you keep the guts !

I fished mothers day !
Had to go out, had to get on a slay.
but remember !................Who's your Daddy !

Thanks for the props buddy...next time, I'll let you take home a few carcasses !

Hah Ha,
Gary

Don't get me started on photos buddy....you know what will follow !!!

Hey Hiro...did you know a phone is useless unless you answer it !

J/K
Talk to ya later buddy

Not quite bro...i have Donkey Kong on my phone so it's not all useless. :)

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Not quite bro...i have Donkey Kong on my phone so it's not all useless. :)

Donkey Kong is for Wooosiies...try Tetris...thats what I play anytime I'm speaking to you...plus I have an auto function on my phome that simply says Mm hmn Mm hmn (no pun please)
! if that doesn't work fer ya try....Atari Pong, it could serve as an educational tool !

Bucket bay
05-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Gary what time were you guys there? I was there from 9 to 11:30 and caught joust about the same Amount on the other side.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/DSCN0236.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/Copy1ofDSCN0237.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/DSCN0198_1.jpg

Troutman65
05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Gary, Glad you were able to get out and fish. Congrats on your catches.

Thanks for the post.

Troutman65

boxl0bster
05-12-2008, 11:06 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast thanks for the report gary. :cool:

Wingnut
05-13-2008, 12:17 AM
The bigger pipes should be showing up here real soon Gary as the water warms up. What size & pattern Krocodile were you using? I love throwing those Krocs too.
Congrats on a productive day. :cool:
Those Gulls are great fighters aren't they? ;) :mrgreen:

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
nice job gary, hopefully the bigger models will show up soon.
They'll show up...have faith...just like the castaic lake stripers....ya gotta beleive, I'm a firm beleiver in the power of possitive thinking...

When you gonna get out there again ?

Thanks my friend, I'd like to take a moment to answer your question that is asked within your screen name...the answer is YES !
Get out there and get on some of 'em...

great job gary!Damn my motor blew a piston when i came back from the slay!Hey we need pics!ARGGG!

Sorry bout the motor buddy....I did attach a pic.for ya.....thats some good eatin there....with lemon & capers....Deliceous !

Gary what time were you guys there? I was there from 9 to 11:30 and caught joust about the same Amount on the other side.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/DSCN0236.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/Copy1ofDSCN0237.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/DSCN0198_1.jpg
I was there from 6am to about 1pm but I didnt begin fishing till about 6:30-6:45, I was helping the guys at the bait dock with their pump.

Congrats on your catch, even though they are running short, they are still great fun, they put up a decent scrap for their size. The halibut were decently active early on in the day.

Say hi sometime if you see me there...
Gary

Gary, Glad you were able to get out and fish. Congrats on your catches.

Thanks for the post.

Troutman65

Thanks buddy, I want to take a moment to wish you luck this weekend, I be out there too at DVL but I have Castaic lake obligations, plus I giotta get me some catsaic lake striper moonlight revenge !!!!
Gary

sounds like you guys had a blast thanks for the report gary. :cool:
It was great fun, when ya gonna get out there and join me ?

The bigger pipes should be showing up here real soon Gary as the water warms up. What size & pattern Krocodile were you using? I love throwing those Krocs too.
Congrats on a productive day. :cool:
Those Gulls are great fighters aren't they? ;) :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm waiting for the water temp to rise, should be real soon and we'll see the suface species blow up, can't wait for the logs to come in, last year I got some pretty good ones right there off that dock.

I forget the weight on the one I was using, it's about 3 1/2 - 4" long - chrome w/prizm sticker, I have this great mack patterened one that Hiro gave me too, theyr'e new, really cool high tech color & pattern with red offset treble, I know that will kill 'em but I didn't want to take a chance of losing it by being bit off by the cuda on 15lb test with no wire leader, I have to be sure to bring some wire next time out.
I used to slay the bonita on those crocs too at Redondo-king harbor...man I miss that place, I'm gonna take my tube out there soon to explore the sandbass & flatties...they used to run rampant in there as well.
Thank for the kind words....see ya out on the water soon enough...with all the regions the both of us have been spanning, I wouldn't doubt if we bump into each other.
Gary

troutdog
05-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Nice job out on the bay Gary, watching barries slam your offerings are so much fun....losing your lure on your first couple casts because of those sharp teeth, not so much!:lol: Thanks for the report....I wanna pic of the first barrie over 30 inches you land there though!

TD

Beeracuda211
05-13-2008, 06:16 PM
I Love Beeracudas :d

B/c

steve092
05-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Good job Gary.

crappie stalker
05-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Way to help out and then turn on the slay.. Is that the little bait dock as you go around the bend leaving the slips?

I fished along there in my boat but never on the docks.. I always meter a ton of fish going through there.. Got to try it on the docks,, looks like a bunch of fun..

CS