PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside Flattie

ikeman
05-11-2008, 05:06 PM
My wife had her mom and sister over for Mother's day tea and finger sandwiches this afternoon so that meant a window to surf or fish. Got down to Oceanside and the wind was messing surf conditions up so I opted for a little drop shotting in the Harbor. A little slow for the first half hour then
farmed one, then got a small Hali.
Changed up and drop shotted a 5" nuclear chicken Gulp! Bam! fish on and a decent sized one!
Good fight and mad a few runs before I landed it. I did't have a net so I got her by the gills. Really don't like to keep them, but the gills got pretty stressed on the fight in on the harbor wall rocks. Oh well, good eats tonight. Stuffed Halibut with shrimp and crab meat!

chris
05-11-2008, 05:53 PM
awesome sounds delicious

Wingnut
05-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice job on the legal. :cool:
I will be having oven baked Halibut tonight for Mother's Day dinner myself. ;) :mrgreen:

ikeman
05-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks Guys,

I wasn't looking to keep any fish that trip.Usually don't, but as you know, when fishing you will invariably have some that won't make it, as hard as you try. Lots of rocks and surge. The gills were stressed pretty bad. But, I will be back. I have a feeling about this spot. Where there are legals, there are more!!! My other spots have too many dinks this spring. The bass are heating up in the harbors also!

I made up a sauce that was poured over the stuffed Hali- roasted,sweet corn- Habanero sauce! Yum
I experiment with food a lot! This one came out great! I will post my recipe in the proper place. Look for it soon>