PDA

View Full Version : bishop creek evening

mr. trout
05-18-2007, 06:37 AM
hi, i have never fished bishop creek in the evening and i am thinking about it the night i go up. can anybody tell me how bait fishing is in the evening on the creek????? thanks

-mr. trout

Joshua
05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Might try Intake II or North Lake. they are all in that area. Fishing the creek in the dark can be difficult and possibly illegal. Dont think you are allowed to fish more than 30 minutes after sunset on the creek. But lake fishing is open all night. Check the regulations. Remember that it is Inyo county, Mono county has different regs.

mr. trout
05-18-2007, 06:34 PM
im sorry, by evening i meant more around 5:00 or 6:00, sorry

BishopTrouter
05-18-2007, 08:14 PM
well around that time is when the mosquitoes start getting REALLY bad but its also the best time to fly fish b/c trout will start feeding on the flies on the surface. So if you got some repelent you should be able to do very well.

Joshua
05-19-2007, 08:32 AM
im sorry, by evening i meant more around 5:00 or 6:00, sorry
You will have no problems fishing. I usually fish until I cant see anymore. If you get the breeze to kick up mosquitos wont be a problem. If you use bug repellent remember that there are chemical in the spray that will eat monofilament (your fishing line) It wont happen in 10 seconds, but it will eventually weaken your line.

mr. trout
05-19-2007, 09:32 AM
thanks for the info guys