PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa chica mouth. Flatty on the new LC

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Finally caught my first hali from surf.I was using my fresh LC metallic sardine. First cast got a lil nibble then bam!@@$%# hooked a fat hali i saw him he had to be pushing 10 pounds and the LC popped right out of his mouth!!what a burn.Then second cast hooked this Legal!

P.s .yes i have a crab claw ear...what my dad calls it haha..it ripped from me stretching my ears to 2 inches.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c211/buryurlarry/halilc.jpg

calico killer kevin
05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice fish! Looks like the tide is super low.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Nice fish! Looks like the tide is super low.

ya the tide was low but as of that pic it was incoming.

Santa Fe Eric
05-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Good fishing!

Thanks for the report!

Eric

vanillagurilla
05-10-2008, 02:08 PM
i might be out there tomarow. to check it out, maybe bag a few perch.

fish_sauce
05-10-2008, 02:47 PM
thanks for the report!

too bad about the one that got away...but at least you got some good action in even with the low tide. I was in the long beach/seal beach area most of the morning with minus low tide and it was terrible =( a lot of bait fish activity but no takers!

troutdog
05-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Nicely done, thanks for sharing the info!

TD

Nhatster
05-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice job on your first surf Flattie. :cool:

boxl0bster
05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
nice job man!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 03:58 PM
thanks on the compliments guys..Haha and it was pretty crazy the butt hit me no farther then 3 feet from me i mean i know they dwell close but it was just crazy.I wish i could have landed that 10pounder and what sucked more is i saw him and he kicked and my Lc popped out of his mouth :mad::mad:..but theres always next time!!:lol:thanks for the love guys.

Larry,:mrgreen:

JSAUCE818
05-10-2008, 05:18 PM
good sh....t bro....many more to come man....keep it up...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 05:51 PM
good sh....t bro....many more to come man....keep it up...
thanks brotha :)

Wingnut
05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Nice job on getting that first Hali, now go and get MORE! ;) :mrgreen:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Nice job on getting that first Hali, now go and get MORE! ;) :mrgreen:Oh i will yes i will haha!! but my sardine Lc is all bite marked up already pretty bad..i think it was from the 10+ i lost he hit me really hard!! and i got a few shorts too..the paint is chipped up from their teeth :( and thats the only sardine 110 i have.

ROTO_ROOTER
05-10-2008, 08:36 PM
well i took lary down and i got nothing but .............o wait nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rof l:

but it was a good time out there the weather was good not to cold and not to hot perfect day to go and get your line wet

p.s nice fish lary and where is the props for the photo

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 08:44 PM
well i took lary down and i got nothing but .............o wait nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rof l:

but it was a good time out there the weather was good not to cold and not to hot perfect day to go and get your line wet

p.s nice fish lary and where is the props for the photo

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ROTO ROOTER EATS ALL THE FISHES POOTERS!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ROTO_ROOTER
05-10-2008, 08:47 PM
zombie bass attack is walking to hb next time

blackwater
05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Nice! thanks for the report

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 08:50 PM
zombie bass attack is walking to hb next time
Haha ok but atleast my breath doesnt stink like fishes pooters haha jk ..im going again tuesday:smile:

fightfan
05-10-2008, 09:08 PM
good job on the halibut larry...sucks that the other one got away but you'll get em next time

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-10-2008, 09:14 PM
good job on the halibut larry...sucks that the other one got away but you'll get em next time
thanks duy..we need to go out..oh and i cant go out tuesday im going out wed.so if you can go that would be cool.

mickeysindahouse
05-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh i will yes i will haha!! but my sardine Lc is all bite marked up already pretty bad..i think it was from the 10+ i lost he hit me really hard!! and i got a few shorts too..the paint is chipped up from their teeth :( and thats the only sardine 110 i have.

I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, you can buy some spray on epoxy (the one that dries in 5 min) and put a nice thin coat. That should do it. You don't want too many coats or else the action is tampered with.

I'd take a beat up scratched, almost paintless LC over one that's got 3-4 coats of epoxy on it. Hali's are dumb. They don't care what they hit, so long as the lure disturbs them they'll strike without even looking. Sure presentation increases your odds, but don't worry about your paint chipping. And if you care that much, go get another!!! You can never have too many! All true tackle hoe's know that. :)

Congrats on your first legal buddy!