PDA

View Full Version : I hear South Lake has 2' of ice on it...

Koshaw
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
...think with our weather most of that will be gone by June 18?

I will be there by June 17...just wondering what ya think!

Sierra_Smitty
05-08-2008, 04:52 PM
The ice on South is no longer very thick....I'm not crazy enough to go out on it to test it but I'd guess 6" thick in some of the heavier areas. The inlet area has opened up a lot and there is more open water in boiler cove every day. We had some wind two days ago also which really helps. I'm guessing we'll be iced out my Memorial Day at the latest if the weather stays good. I sure hope so...can't get my boats and docks out there till it ices out.

I talked with Rick from Lake Sabrina yesterday and he guessed it would only be a day or two until Sabrina was totally ice free.

smitty

troutdog
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Another great benefit of being on FNN...getting info straight from the source! You da man Smitty, see you within the month!

TD

Badfish2
05-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I got word today from a good source that Sabrina is completely Ice Free as of Tuesday.

Koshaw
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Thankya folx!

:D

Thats why I love this board :D

Troutman Dan
05-09-2008, 02:29 PM
It was iced over last week when I was there

Sierra_Smitty
05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
It was iced over last week when I was there

It's amazing how fast things change up here...I could barely believe my eyes when I saw a totally ice free Sabrina this morning. South isn't too far behind if we get some good weather.

IncredibleHuck
05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
It's amazing how fast things change up here...I could barely believe my eyes when I saw a totally ice free Sabrina this morning. South isn't too far behind if we get some good weather.

Smitty any idea on the status of some of the Mammoth Lakes?

SoCalGuy7
05-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Koshaw, I predict the lake will be perfect for the FNN event...;)

Can't wait.

SCG7

PINKMEAT
05-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey Smitty hows the weather up there today for mothers day?

Sierra_Smitty
05-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Smitty hows the weather up there today for mothers day?

It was beautiful on Sunday....kinda cloudy with a little snow this afternoon. Not too bad though.

Sierra_Smitty
05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Smitty any idea on the status of some of the Mammoth Lakes?

The road only goes as far as the twins and that's it. I talked with a guy at the Trout Fitter yesterday (Saturday) and they seemed to most of the lakes still had at least some ice on them, it not totally covered.

PINKMEAT
05-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the info! I will be up in Aspendell for a family reunion Memorial Day weekend and i look forward to getting up there to do some fishing! Thanks for the speedy response!