PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Catch more <><
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi guys,
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been fishing since before I can remember with my dad doing all sorts of saltwater. My vacation days are spent deep sea fishing, and I just started getting into the art of fresh water. I'm usually up at the SGR looking for trout mainly because it's less than an hour away from me and I don't have a boat. :p
I have to say that this is a great site with a lot of great insight. I'm actually about to go and boil the lil ripperz I just got. Thanks guys. If anyone has any tips on SGR i'm open ears.

Wingnut
05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! :mrgreen:

Troutman65
05-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Welcome to FNN.

You should check out Irvine Lake sometime.

Troutman65

Catch more <><
05-07-2008, 10:19 PM
ya know I've been looking at it seems like it's a good place to go. Any recommendations on spot? Does it get crowded? I hate crowds.

SoCalGuy7
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome....!

SCG7

Badfish2
05-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi guys,
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been fishing since before I can remember with my dad doing all sorts of saltwater. My vacation days are spent deep sea fishing, and I just started getting into the art of fresh water. I'm usually up at the SGR looking for trout mainly because it's less than an hour away from me and I don't have a boat. :p
I have to say that this is a great site with a lot of great insight. I'm actually about to go and boil the lil ripperz I just got. Thanks guys. If anyone has any tips on SGR i'm open ears.

baby night crawlers on the smalles baitholder hook you can find.. make sure the hook is poked through enough so when a fish hits it sticks. Farther back you go the bigger they get but the less of them there are.

Catch more <><
05-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Good stuff Badfish, ya know now that I think about it, the farther I go the larger but less frequent they are. Didn't make the connection. Thanks, looks like they are stocking this week. gotta go.

Fisherman57
05-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the board!