PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Deep Fry Batter recipe....

jlgarciaiii22
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
need a simple batter recipe for trout or catfish nuggets to prepare lakeside while fishing at S.A.R.L overnighters.... any suggestions would be appreciated

sonarbp
05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Try these two.....easy to do and taste great!!!!!

Long John Silver's Fish Batter
Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
Directions
1 - Sift dry ingredients.
2 - Add water and mix well.
3 - Use to coat fish or chicken filets.
4 - Cover the fish completely.
5 - Deep fry until a nice golden brown.

BEER BATTER FRIED FISH

Ingredients
1 egg
1 c. warm stale beer
1 1/8 tsp. baking powder
1 c. flour
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
Fish fillets
Mix all ingredients. Wash and dry fish (pat with towel). Cut fillets to desired size. Heat 2 inches of cooking oil in pan. Dip fish pieces in batter; fry briefly in hot oil turning as necessary. Adjust the batter ingredients as needed so it doesn't get too thick or too thin.

sonarbp

Sparky70
05-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Try this, it's simple.

3 small bowls
flour in 1
whipped egg in the net 1
Japenese Panko mix in the other 1
dip fish in flour, egg. and Panko mix
toss in hot oil until golden brown,
then CHOW down...........

vanillagurilla
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
bah.... easiest in the world....
1. mix batter using bisquick and... beer. yes beer. i think its better with budwiser or simaler. no skunky beers like hineken.
2. whip up 3 egg whites... whites only, get these whiped like whipcream.
3. gently fold egg whites into batter. this will make the batter nice and fluffy. like H/S salt fish and chips.
4. remember to always use a paper towel and dry the peices of fish you are using. no need to dip in flour before batter... the batter wont stick good to the flower.
5. enjoy. thank me later lol.

it takes a while to get the egg whites going. just be consistant with it. try not to stop as much as posible.

Oz
05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
easier way then all of that, go to your local grocery store and buy the pre done ones from zatarans or louisana brand..they're all good just if u made it from scratch :lol:

2quikmotorwerks
05-10-2008, 11:06 AM
bass pro shops uncle bucks fish fry the best stuff ive used so far it comes regular and spicy me myself love the spicy one

MarkyMark
05-11-2008, 01:02 PM
easier way then all of that, go to your local grocery store and buy the pre done ones from zatarans or louisana brand..they're all good just if u made it from scratch :lol:

I second that emotion!!

BIGRED KILLA
05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I like to use a beer batter recipe just like vanillagurilla i put in Tecate.

Bigred