PDA

View Full Version : Zuma-W. Rogers 5/6

kozaki
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I needed an excuse to test out some new equipment. Made the run to Zuma by high tide. Threw the kroc to test out my new Daiwa Procaster on 8 lb line. So far, I love this reel. I'm really impressed by the magnetic adjuster for the spool. Anyhow, tons of salad in the water made lure fishing a drag. Switched out to a carolina rigged grub for endless amounts of dink BSP. Got tons of practice casting the light stuff with this reel. Headed south by 1pm. Stopped at various access points in Malibu for more salad- no bites. Made it to Will Rogers by 3- more veggies, and a lifeguard. Interesting thing- I'm working the north side of my favorite jetty and one of the lifeguards is doing her daily routine of running, swimming, etc (sorry, no pics). She's running south toward me from the other jetty and asks where my line is. I was at the end of a retrieve and told her it's right here. She dives right where I was casting and swims around the point to the other side. It was kind of an absurd moment- I had to laugh. She totally freaked out what ever I might have caught, but I was impressed to see how confident she was to swim along those rocks with ease. Maybe she'll save me some day.
A great day to be out. Overcast in the morning. Choppy waves in the am. Sunny and less chop by the pm. Wind was at a minimum in the afternoon as well.

kozaki

Fisherman57
05-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the report!....

I have a ProCaster and it's certainly a favorite!

Wingnut
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a pleasant day out in the surf. Glad you got your practice in. ;) Thanks for the report. :cool: