PDA

View Full Version : West Marine (long Beach) - Bad Customer Service

mg2969
05-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Took a sick day off from work today to go to a dentist appointment.
Afterwards went down to sports authority, boaters world, and west marine.

I just haven't been out there shopping for stuff lately and I wanted to look at a new fishfinder since I some how killed my cuda 242.
Specifically I wanted to look at how the connectors connected.
At boaters world I was kinda convinced I liked how Garmins did the twist and lock thing. Seems a little bit better than just jamming a rubber stopper.

Off to west marine, the end of the line.
No sooner than I get to the fishfinders where I am greeted by Mr Harvey Barish. First impressions were that he was a nice and helpful gentleman, until I actually started touching the display. He asked me if I needed any help, I politely declined and thanked him.

I proceeded to examine the fishfinders that were on display.
Checking out the connectors.
Looking at em from different angles.
Trying to imagine glare or how color ones would actually display in full sun.
At the same time Mr Barish keeps walking behind me and checking me out.
I was there for uner 10 minutes and he must have walk by at least 6 times ( 3 round trips).
Finally he comes over again and asks again me do I need any help this time with attitude.

He begins to say it looks like you checking the units out but...
But what !!!
I know your not trying to accuse me or attempt to insinuate that I am trying to steal one of your fishfinders?
If you don't want me playing with them or don't want me touching em, put em in a display case.
I tell him why exactly I am examining them, duh for the connector, he proceeds to lecture be how there is not one fishfinder made that is actually waterproof, huh ?

He showed me where the dielectric grease spray stuff was before getting another customer had an issue. A that point I left