PDA

View Full Version : Ridin The Sea Horse to Clemente

Liteliner
05-05-2008, 06:03 PM
After a failed friday night outing due to cancellation from the landing we decided to try again the next night. Its a go. 23 heads on the boat. We stopped at catalina for some squid and at clemente by close to 5 am. Fished til the sun came up for a few nibbles and not much else besides a very chilly wind. Capt pulls anchor and we go hunting for yellows. Well not much to right about. I threw iron all day and used every single color I had. Nothing. After chasin yellows the whole morning and not finding any we switch over to rockfish to fill the sacks. Two monster sheephead came over the rail aswell as many other nicer grade rockfish. My buddy got a monster barberpole. Lots of bocaccio aswell. One newbie to deepsea fishing pulled up a nice 12-13 pound ling to go with his 15 pound halibut he got earlier. He ended up with the jackpot. Lucanus jig didnt get me anything. Sardines were the ticket. Went back to hunt the yellows afterwards for nothing. I got bit once on the iron and it started burning line off my reel and then nothing.

Well the fishing wasnt that great but the boat and crew were awesome. Stayed out two extra hours lookin for yellows. Something most capts wouldnt do. Food was great. Bunks could use some work. All in all just nice to be out again. I recommend the boat if your looking for a great crew and dont really mind the tight sleepin quarters.

Next stop is Freedom for my next overnighter. Whenever the hell the damn water heats up. Sorry no pics.

troutdog
05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I guess that is fishing for ya, especially spring time yellowtail in So Cal. Sounds like you had the right kind on for a minute though. Thanks for the report and general boat info Liteliner.

Hit me up when you want to jump on the Freedom....got a $5 coupon off if you want it!

Until next adventure....

TD

jplee3
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the recap! Sorry it wasn't phenomenal :( I'm debating between the Sea Horse and Freedom right now - San Pedro's further away so it's also up to how far my buddies want to commute.

BIGRED KILLA
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the report we saw you guys out there we were on a 23ft parker we tried for the yellows but no show just big mack's on the iron got the same old rock fish with a real nice red.better luck next time

Bigred

ghetto dad
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
great job liteliner....thanks for the report man...

GD

one_leg
05-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Nice job buddy. I was gonna go on the Freedom tonight but some business came up unexpectedly.

When I have time to get out I will do so. Hopefully it will be warmer by then.

Thanks for the report.

Ricky-Ray
05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the report. Freedom came back from a 2 day trip over the weekend and got 18 yellow's.

I'll hit you and Troutdog up next time I head out of the Freedom and see if we can share the rail on her. Probably not until at least June, unless the yellow's or WSB go off suddenly.

Liteliner
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah that would be cool. Probably towards the end of june. Im gonna be in oahu at the beginning of june for a week and a half.

hung380
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah that would be cool. Probably towards the end of june. Im gonna be in oahu at the beginning of june for a week and a half.
Oahu is not as nice as maui. If your going with your wife then I would suggest Maui.

Liteliner
05-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey bro its a little to late? She wants me to do a deep sea trip but I think i might save that six hundred and just fish mexico instead. Hey you wanna babysit for me??? :rofl:

hung380
05-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey bro its a little to late? She wants me to do a deep sea trip but I think i might save that six hundred and just fish mexico instead. Hey you wanna babysit for me??? :rofl:

I cant even handle my 3 boys. Save that six hundred and put it towards the down payment for your new sled.

Ricky-Ray
05-06-2008, 08:37 PM

Oahu is pretty cool. I was just there in the beginning of April. Didn't do any fishing there, I didn't get the chance to. If you wanna do a Luau do the Paradise Cove Luau.

Ricky-Ray
05-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Save the money and don't bother going fishing on Oahu, they have like one open party boat and they charge like 75 bucks for like a 5 hr "1/2 day" trip and they just bottom fish. If you wanna catch tuna and stuff you gotta charter a six pack type boat and they are like at least 300 bucks a person.

Oz
05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
After a failed friday night outing due to cancellation from the landing we decided to try again the next night. Its a go. 23 heads on the boat. We stopped at catalina for some squid and at clemente by close to 5 am. Fished til the sun came up for a few nibbles and not much else besides a very chilly wind. Capt pulls anchor and we go hunting for yellows. Well not much to right about. I threw iron all day and used every single color I had. Nothing. After chasin yellows the whole morning and not finding any we switch over to rockfish to fill the sacks. Two monster sheephead came over the rail aswell as many other nicer grade rockfish. My buddy got a monster barberpole. Lots of bocaccio aswell. One newbie to deepsea fishing pulled up a nice 12-13 pound ling to go with his 15 pound halibut he got earlier. He ended up with the jackpot. Lucanus jig didnt get me anything. Sardines were the ticket. Went back to hunt the yellows afterwards for nothing. I got bit once on the iron and it started burning line off my reel and then nothing.

Well the fishing wasnt that great but the boat and crew were awesome. Stayed out two extra hours lookin for yellows. Something most capts wouldnt do. Food was great. Bunks could use some work. All in all just nice to be out again. I recommend the boat if your looking for a great crew and dont really mind the tight sleepin quarters.

Next stop is Freedom for my next overnighter. Whenever the hell the damn water heats up. Sorry no pics.

sup homie.....wow the lucanis jig didnt give u no love??? wow i always hear from everyone that it works. u will get the yellows soon...they are slowly biting and the waters are starting to warm up in certain areas. im down to hit the freedom with u in late june. my homie wants to go around then too.

ghetto dad
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
sup homie.....wow the lucanis jig didnt give u no love??? wow i always hear from everyone that it works. u will get the yellows soon...they are slowly biting and the waters are starting to warm up in certain areas. im down to hit the freedom with u in late june. my homie wants to go around then too.

nm...,,,,,,,,,,,peace out

GD

Liteliner
05-06-2008, 09:14 PM
yo ghetto dad did you wanna come with? Lets get a trip on the rendevous. I'll do some lookin.

one_leg
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
yo ghetto dad did you wanna come with? Lets get a trip on the rendevous. I'll do some lookin.

If you can pick me up and drop me off GD will be a much happier man!

ghetto dad
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM

lol.....maybe homie....thanks alot for the invite....im not gonna be able to fish as much as i was planning the rest of the year man....i might be outta cali...but i DO want to hook up with you soon man.....thanks again bro...

GD

ghetto dad
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
If you can pick me up and drop me off GD will be a much happier man!

alan, dont scare him away already.......:rofl:

Liteliner
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry one leg. I would but I have a packed car whenever I go deepsea. Got three buddies in my wifes crv with me usually. All our cars are to small to fit the 8ft rods so we gotta take my wifes. If I have an open seat I will let you know. Does that mean your willing to go on this trip???

Also forgot to add that an older guy on the boat, probably in his sixties took a nasty fall on the way home. He slipped in the galley and fell out the side door of the galley and knocked out for a bit. I was actually sleepin in the bunks and heard a series of loud thumps. Thought somebody fell out of the bunk but I was wrong. So becareful out there guys.

Oz
05-07-2008, 03:13 AM
nm...,,,,,,,,,,,peace out

GD

lolll the edit job :roll::lol:

one_leg
05-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Also forgot to add that an older guy on the boat, probably in his sixties took a nasty fall on the way home. He slipped in the galley and fell out the side door of the galley and knocked out for a bit.

More beer for me!

I am interested in this trip. Can't let Os go out there all alone without anyone to talk to him.:cry:

DrewRanch
05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
BigRedKilla And I saw you guys out there from my boat. We where the ones in the Parker trying to put distance between the boats every time the Sea Horse pulled into our spot ;)
That sucks the Yellows never came to surface Sunday.... The water temp hit 63.3 Sunday at SCI....

Oz
05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
More beer for me!

I am interested in this trip. Can't let Os go out there all alone without anyone to talk to him.:cry:

lol i'll throw u over board to the sealions if u talk my ear off alan :roll: :rofl: